SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    5555th Post Karma - a riddle for the forum - WINNER ANNOUNCED
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5555th Post Karma - a riddle for the forum - WINNER ANNOUNCED Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
Crap! I just posted in the classifieds and realized it was my 5555th post!

5 has always been my lucky number. It was on my sports jerseys as a kid. My house number is 555. On the extremely rare occasions when I play the lottery, 5 is always my choice for the powerball (I haven’t won, so maybe it’s not as lucky as I think). Anyway, the occasion of my 5555th post on the forum seems worthy of recognition with a karma.

I want to encourage everyone to train and hone their shooting skills, so the winner will receive a $200 gift certificate to Target Sports USA to buy some ammo.

Now I’m clearly not the master of riddles that we have in 12131, but Q has inspired me to give it a go. At least mine rhymes. So take this one out for a spin:

Walk through the doors [of SigForum] , and you'd expect to see
All manner of things that revolve around me [Sig Firearms]
But don’t be surprised when you wander the halls [the sub-forums]
Only to find 5 other belles of the ball:
An unlikely savior with but one life to give [Trump is an Assclown thread in the Lounge] ;
A diminutive devil with many more to live [Enough with the Cat Pictures thread in the What's Your Deal room].
Perfection in plastic might describe another [You will buy a Glock thread in the Sig Pistols forum - the original 1984 review of the G17 in Soldier of Fortune Magazine was titled Plastic Perfection] ;
The beauty of time provides much more to discover [Revival of the Watch Thread in the Gallery] .
This last one is random but that’s by design
As a meandering tale is woven line by line [The SF Joint Story Collaboration thread in the Lair] .
So different are these things, not birds of a feather
But share one thing they do that ties them together [These threads have among the highest post counts in their respective forums] .

Rules:
This karma is open to all forum members in good standing (i.e. signed waivers on file at the home office) with 55 or more posts. The winner shall be the first person who provides what I consider to be the correct and complete explanation of the riddle. The game will end on February 7, 2020. If no one has won by that date, I will choose as the winner the person who, in my sole judgment, came closest to providing the correct and complete explanation.

WINNER!!!!
I am going to declare a winner.....RogueJSK

I thought it was a bit easier than Q's riddles but the early answers had me wondering. I was just about to start giving clues, but RogueJSK nailed it.

Drab four was extremely close a few minutes earlier, missing only the 5th thread, but Rogue gave the complete correct answer so I have to award the prize to him. Plus he has one of my favorite avatars.

Thank you all for playing and thanks to Para for maintaining this outstanding forum on the web!

Congratulations, RogueJSK. Check your email shortly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChicagoSigMan,

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Spider in a web

Posts: 1930 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Figures / figurines in a wax museum.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Clock on the wall or a watch.

Posts: 1930 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Oh boy!

You're giving away a 1996 Subaru WRX STI driven and raced by Colin McRae! Eek Count me in! Big Grin

Okay, so maybe the thing with the fives wasn't part of it.

Hows about a North American Arms Black Widow revolver in 22 Magnum? Idunno.

Posts: 9404 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
Nathan Hale, born in 1755.

Posts: 761 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Five objects we might see in your hallway. Fire extinguisher, your cat, wall clock, firearm of some sort, and the perfection in plastic escapes me, maybe a smoke alarm.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2107 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
A roll of toilet paper.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
five, five, five dollar footlongs

Posts: 5536 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
EDC items:
1) Knife or Taser
2) Flashlight or spare magazine
3) Glock
4) Watch
5) Pen

Posts: 3535 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Six rounds in a revolver.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nuts - beaten to it. Steel revolver, with the 'plastic' being a Glock. What ties them together is that they're both defensive handguns - durable diminutive devils for the defender with only one life - and it sounds like you're trying to tell us that they both have double action triggers.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
A tree and beautiful wood pistol grips made from it.

Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Your wife/women in general.
Your children - 5 other belles of the ball.
Love in the family, ties all together.

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
In your house are your wife and 4 daughters, a young son, and a P365.

Posts: 4055 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your evolution of carry pistols, all 9mm. P239, P365 (diminutive devil), Glock 19 (perfection in plastic), beauty of time.... time to discover something else that will replace your current carry pistol.

Posts: 2169 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Your dog with puppies? Other dogs in the house.
Cats and kittens.

CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
A revolver holding 6 shots. Or a polymer pistol, both of which can be used to save your life. The meandering lines refer to the rifling in the barrel of either weapon.

Posts: 3535 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
The ammo & gun aisle in your LGS.

St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Collection of Sigs including the polymer platform.

Posts: 5342 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post