SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My first ride on a 1000cc supersport......very bittersweet (Yamaha YZF R1 gurus please come inside) **fixed on P.2**
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first ride on a 1000cc supersport......very bittersweet (Yamaha YZF R1 gurus please come inside) **fixed on P.2** Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at HID LED headlights that are apparently "plug and play" but I'll probably just get xenon bulbs and not worry about finding a place to put the ballast for the HID LED lights. This R1 is loud enough that slightly brighter bulbs should be fine. You definitely hear this bike before you see it. Big Grin. What a glorious sound this Yamaha makes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
The Xenon bulbs should make you very happy!

Can't wait for you to post a video!

Posts: 5060 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I hear ya rainman. I need to get a go pro soon. At the very least I'll post up a flyby vid of the R1 going down my street. Thanks to my two stroke dual sport and early morning idle speed adjustments my neighbors already hate me. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
This is absolute madness. At that rate complete fairings would cost more than the bike.

I've always thought that if these parts were for a kid's toy the wouldn't sell for more than $25.

I'm currently riding a 2004 Super Hawk. Totally mint condition. It's never been dropped. Looking on Ebay I could part out the bike for 2 times what I bought it for. Fairing parts are at a big premium. Engines come in a close second. Suspension parts are 3rd. Too bad I have so much fun riding a bike that handles so well that is on par with this old man's reaction time.

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
This is absolute madness. At that rate complete fairings would cost more than the bike.

I've always thought that if these parts were for a kid's toy the wouldn't sell for more than $25.

These guys may be able to help you out? Link

I'm currently riding a 2004 Super Hawk. Totally mint condition. It's never been dropped. Looking on Ebay I could part out the bike for 2 times what I bought it for. Fairing parts are at a big premium. Engines come in a close second. Suspension parts are 3rd. Too bad I have so much fun riding a bike that handles so well that is on par with this old man's reaction time.

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post