SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So next week I get to meet my girlfriend's dad, from California...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So next week I get to meet my girlfriend's dad, from California... Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
We have a wedding to go to and my girlfriend's dad is flying in from California. We aren't young, 49 and 53 so this isn't some kid thing. But it's a bit nerve wracking as I've not done shit like this in 20 years. Anyhow, I apparently have nothing to worry about. This is the text I got from her earlier today...

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Take him shooting , really impress him.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Looks like you chose well. Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I like the guy!

Posts: 13814 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Good for him!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24140 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Hey frayedends, how hard would you laugh if you found out he's one of your invisible Sigforum friends? Big Grin

Posts: 2833 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Hey frayedends, how hard would you laugh if you found out he's one of your invisible Sigforum friends? Big Grin

ROFL! Any you guys going to a wedding in NH next week? Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
Seems like just yesterday you were asking advice about this good looking woman you like but weren't sure if she was playing games.

Fun to see a serious relationship has blossomed from it.

And I agree. Take him shooting, you'll win him over in a nano second!!!

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What part of CA is he from?

Posts: 14662 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Palm Desert. I know he's conservative but I don't think he's a gun guy.

These go to eleven.

Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Palm Desert. I know he's conservative but I don't think he's a gun guy.

I bet he would have a great time. Never hurts to find out.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
If he is not a gun guy now, you might convert him into one, and cause CA more problems. Win/win in my books.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post