SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anything work to repair cracks in vinyl seats?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anything work to repair cracks in vinyl seats? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I need to get my boat seats reupholstered but that’s a Fall project. I’d like to fix a few cracked spots to get through the season. Does anything actually work to repair cracks in vinyl seats?

I’ve used VLP but it only works marginally well and turns dark in color. Not ideal on white seats.

Posts: 17883 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Maybe try some Goop? There are like 8 different packages, but I think it is all the same stuff inside, just hangs in different store sections.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Duct tape or Gorilla Tape as a temp fix till better repairs later....................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2005 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although this is a how-to for lawn mower seats, maybe it could work for you application as well -

Simple Repair on a Cracked John Deere Riding Mower Seat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYqkyc9Z50

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post