SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chris Christie joins the 2024 Race
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Chris Christie joins the 2024 Race Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’m glad to see Christy in the race. He’ll further dilute the anti-Trump vote.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9019 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8975 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
He knows he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning. He's only doing it to make money...and perhaps hurt Trump a little.

He won’t hurt Trump. He can’t. So that means he’s in it for the money. My question is, what idiot would even THINK of giving him money.
He sees an opportunity for graft. For example, one item in the standard playbook is to have an autobiography ghost written, publish it shortly after the official start of the campaign, and then the RINO donor turds can avoid campaign donation laws by buying tens of thousands of copies.

This is how it works. The books deals are where the money is at. Absolutely no one reads these books other than a few oppo research folks in other candidates' campaigns. Donor/interest groups buy the books by the warehouse loads to justify the publisher's advance.

Posts: 3571 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
With due regard to the lexicon, what an idiot.

Year V

Posts: 2635 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I’m glad to see Christy in the race. He’ll further dilute the anti-Trump vote.

Good point.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29736 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Running for President gives him 15 more minutes of revelance, his political career is over after the bridge scandal, and his being launched from the transition team.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
He is scheduled to make the announcement on the Food Network. FYI, it was Christi who enacted the No Bail issue in NJ, not some progressive. He also added a 25¢ per gallon additional Gas tax, which allowed for further increases in which the uber lib state assembly to add at will and they did2 more increases at 14$ each time. This bloated pig is the epitome of a RINO. He is widely hated in NJ by both sides of the aisle. The sooner he disappears back under the rock he slithered out of, the better!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8403 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
^
The bad:
When I bought my Excursion diesel was cheaper than regular gas and Christie added more tax to it making it more expensive.

The Good:
He did try to get teachers to pay their fair share into the 401ks like the rest of us. Why should I have to fund a teachers retirement? I fund my own so should they.

Of course there more but I dont trust him and wont vote for him.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3873 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I'm in the camp that thinks he is just desperate to remain relevant. His name will be on TV all summer and he will probably pick up some extra $$$ along the way.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5057 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
The sooner his belly explodes, the better!
How long have you been here?

What is unclear to you about the very long-standing policy about childish remarks like this?

On the previous page of this thread, I pointed this out to another member.

Explain to me, please, why you can't comprehend all of this.

Posts: 107769 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Christie stands zero chance of being the nominee. He did do some good things as governor of NJ, such as getting teachers to pay more towards 401Ks and putting more money in the state pension fund that democrats underfunded so they could spend it on stuff like providing free legal help to illegal aliens. And that's a step above the democrat NJ governors who have consistently done absolutely nothing good for NJ. But it's not enough to get me to support him.

I will say that Christie is an excellent debater and speaker. One of the best I have seen. I do think that Trump is going to skip the debates, but who knows. If Trump does agree to debate, I do think that Christie is the only other candidate who can go up against Trump, matching him insult for insult. No other candidate is even close to Trump's abilities on a debate stage.

Posts: 1058 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do think that Trump is going to skip the debates, but who knows...

I hope not.
Of course he will be told by his handlers that if he's ahead he has nothing to gain, everything to lose, but I want to hear what he has to say.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
there must be good money in running for office

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2017 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peteroniman:

Apparently you can run and collect contributions (payola) and after you bow out/loose you can use that money for a number of other purposes.
While you can't pay directly for personal expenses, you have a lot of other options besides just giving the donors a refund.

Posts: 9557 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
While you can't pay directly for personal expenses, you have a lot of other options besides just giving the donors a refund.

Yes, including contribute to other campaigns.
So if you raise a bunch of money, and bow out without spending it... you can be a 'player' in other races. It gives a guy like Christie a sense of power.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
I do think that Trump is going to skip the debates, but who knows...
I hope not.
Of course he will be told by his handlers that if he's ahead he has nothing to gain, everything to lose, but I want to hear what he has to say.
Same here. Wanna hear how he's going to pull this country off the teetering edge of slipping into a 2nd-world Communist country and hopefully bash the sh*t outta the dems and RINOs for what they've done to this country with FACTS. As long as he can keep his head outta his sphincter hole, not take the trolling bait, and STICK TO FACTS, he'll be OK.

As my dad would say, he just can't get a case of diarrhea of the mouth...

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peteroniman:
Ask "Beto" O'Dork...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The only other viable candidate is Desantis. Pence, Ramaswamy, Big boy, etc. have a less than zero chance of eating into Desantis' base.

My biggest concern with this election cycle is if candidate Trump ends up well and truly stuck with multiple bogus politically motivated felony convictions, and Congress moves to bar him from running in 2024.

With the budget fiasco that just occurred, look at how many establishment RINO types voted YES for basically everything on the Biden agenda. These are strange times and the political bedfellows have gotten even stranger. Establishment republicans are now moving hard left on fiscal and monetary policy in a very public way.

Posts: 716 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Establishment republicans are now moving hard left on fiscal and monetary policy in a very public way.

Stockman Slams Speaker McCarthy's 'Rotten Deal'
https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ccarthys-rotten-deal

-rduckwor

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
The sooner his belly explodes, the better!
How long have you been here?

What is unclear to you about the very long-standing policy about childish remarks like this?
Sorry.

adjusted.

On the previous page of this thread, I pointed this out to another member.

Explain to me, please, why you can't comprehend all of this.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8403 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That is not an answer to my question.

And this is still on the page:
quote:
This bloated pig...
This is a long-standing policy and it's not going away and members who've been here for years and who have thousands of posts have no excuse for this childish stuff. Every time a member makes remarks like this you can count on me being right there.

Posts: 107769 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post