SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A Non-Typical Thursday Evening at Casa NHTag
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Non-Typical Thursday Evening at Casa NHTag Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I do not have a weapon mounted light on my P220. I found his footprints this morning where he entered my yard and jumped the first fence. He came in via the street and just picked my yard. He had been reported in another yard about 1/2 mile away. So 3 deputies were already nearby. The first caller lost sight of him so the officers were actually searching in the opposite direction until they got my call.

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Glad you are OK. Good Dog! Steak for sure. Stay safe!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I trust you asked the cops when you’ll get back that $1k he’d swiped from your yard. Big Grin

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Wow!
Very exciting evening for sure.
Glad it turned out well for you and Bandit.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6331 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes!
Not your average day in Mayberry Smile

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Wow. That’s a good dog.

Posts: 10995 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
I trust you asked the cops when you’ll get back that $1k he’d swiped from your yard. Big Grin

we actually joked about that a bit because the perp was swearing up and down the money wasn't his - the drugs and everything else he didn't seem to mind owning but he was pretty sure the money wasn't his

yeah, I always leave $1069 in $10's and $20's floating in my pool.... Big Grin

however, while he was thrashing around in my pool he grabbed onto a fiber optic light fixture that is on a flex base and tore it out. No idea what its going to cost to fix that and he may have broken my new pool crawler which I just bought for $475.

So maybe I can recover some of the damages - I've already called my insurance company

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Damn...glad you're ok. I kinda like my typical peaceful evenings and hope they continue.

Posts: 3466 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I was told not to swim in the pool until I had it shocked. Less worried about the heroin than I am the fentanyl. I have a few calls out right now to get answers but I can’t do anything until the rest of the evidence is removed from the pool.

Still file on your homeowners for water swap and all chems....................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4582 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Dang, I fell asleep in my recliner watching House Hunters International. My life is so boring. Glad you handled it in such Western fashion!

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, that was exciting! Happy it did not escalate into something more serious. You handled it well. Hope the insurance will pay for restorations. Bandit did a great job.

I own a couple of building lots in Sunsites, SE of Tucson. Haven't seen them in years and do wonder about them being so close to the border. Here in Dallas, TX my life is pretty serene.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
damn,

I spent Thursday late afternoon packing up some stuff in an estate,
house with no AC, hadn't been dusted or swept in years, and enough dog hair to weave several blankets, and a tick farm outside,

after over 2 hrs in that place I wanted to take a shower in the worst way,

but far better than what you went thru

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post