SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The perversion of tolerance.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The perversion of tolerance. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I see this as a linguistic tactic of the left.

For a person to notice any difference between alternatives is to use "discrimination".

But "discrimination" is a bad thing...right ?

So to notice and make any distinction between "moral" and "immoral" or "good" and "bad" is automatically evil. The only "evil" is to notice any evil!

Hence, "Tolerance", which used to mean "leaving people alone even though you disagree with them", now means "slack-jawed and glassy-eyed acceptance and approval of anything that any idiot or pervert cares to say or do is required", no matter how preposterous or disgusting.

There is no recognition that "discrimination" is the essence of "rational thought". Only in the case of "irrational racial discrimination" or when it causes actions that harm people is it a bad thing.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
My wife is a teacher, and I have one daughter in college while the other just graduated. The indoctrina...I mean the "education" system is overripe with that nasty T word. My family is sick of my rants, but especially of my rants about this subject.

Did Jesus tolerate the money changers in the temple? The frog in the pot tolerates the increasing heat... Would you tolerate that in our house...
Would these other countries/cultures tolerate us...etc etc etc.

We are taught a suicidal concept which has doomed us. We've become so pathetic that all we do is discuss, beotch and moan in forums while no action will ever be taken. I'm just hoping our descendants' overlords 'tolerate' them...but we all know that won't happen.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1217 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
We've become so pathetic that all we do is discuss, beotch and moan in forums while no action will ever be taken. I'm just hoping our descendants' overlords 'tolerate' them...but we all know that won't happen.

Hang on there, guy. First off, that there is discussion on this forum, or any other, about this abuse of the idea of tolerance, is absolutely necessary. Secondly, we haven't become pathetic, I'm not sure if you've been watching the news since November.

Third, what needs to be done? In the case of this Tolerance nonsense, it's very simple. As individuals, we simply say no. The primary thing that I'll be doing, and that we all should do, is teach our kids the true meaning of what it is to be tolerant, and a free person.

The resistance to this "movement" is a necessary, and simple act. But, if we don't talk about it on forums, what do you suggest we do exactly? If you start the revolution, I'll bring a casserole.

Quite frankly, while my ire is focused currently on the safe-space pronoun-bending crowd, that doesn't mean I have room for any other flavor of fringe elements.

This means neo-nazis, white supremacists, homophobes, religious fundamentalists, sovereign citizens, and a host of other assclowns. All of these people have first amendment rights, but beyond that they can fuck right off and mind their goddamned business just like the touchy-feely limpdicked leftists.

Make no mistake, Zealotry of any stripe should be crotch punched. I've had enough, I don't care what these people think, but that doesn't mean for a moment that I support the opposition. If all people, minded their business, the world would be a better place. So, while the "I'm offended" crowd certainly needs to be shouted down, they're just another on the list.

We all have rights, none of us have the right to impose our way of life on others. People who wish to do so, are dangerous.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Arc and others - all I can add is ditto marks.

I am totally going to steal the "Your boat, you row" line.

If only those who demand Tolerance, granted the same.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
quote:
We've become so pathetic that all we do is discuss, beotch and moan in forums while no action will ever be taken. I'm just hoping our descendants' overlords 'tolerate' them...but we all know that won't happen.

Hang on there, guy. First off, that there is discussion on this forum, or any other, about this abuse of the idea of tolerance, is absolutely necessary. Secondly, we haven't become pathetic, I'm not sure if you've been watching the news since November.

Third, what needs to be done? In the case of this Tolerance nonsense, it's very simple. As individuals, we simply say no. The primary thing that I'll be doing, and that we all should do, is teach our kids the true meaning of what it is to be tolerant, and a free person.

The resistance to this "movement" is a necessary, and simple act. But, if we don't talk about it on forums, what do you suggest we do exactly? If you start the revolution, I'll bring a casserole.

Quite frankly, while my ire is focused currently on the safe-space pronoun-bending crowd, that doesn't mean I have room for any other flavor of fringe elements.

This means neo-nazis, white supremacists, homophobes, religious fundamentalists, sovereign citizens, and a host of other assclowns. All of these people have first amendment rights, but beyond that they can fuck right off and mind their goddamned business just like the touchy-feely limpdicked leftists.

Make no mistake, Zealotry of any stripe should be crotch punched. I've had enough, I don't care what these people think, but that doesn't mean for a moment that I support the opposition. If all people, minded their business, the world would be a better place. So, while the "I'm offended" crowd certainly needs to be shouted down, they're just another on the list.

We all have rights, none of us have the right to impose our way of life on others. People who wish to do so, are dangerous.

Again, our intolerance is ultimately realized...how? Personal thoughts? Being vocal with friends, family and community? Boycotting? Running for office? Voting the 'right' way? Discussing in forums like this? Talk, talk, talk is not going to stop the left. They continue in increments of inches to miles, but they are always marching!

Oh, I have no problem with zealots overall, just the ones I don't agree with.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1217 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Beautifully stated, Arc.

Your words resonated with me for another reason, too.

I, too, have been looking around my town and wondering how we could possibly be presented as we are in mainstream/social media when I still see the same mix of majority blue collar with some white collar - and a bunch of tourists.

I've lost touch, or I think some of the tourists are staying...and becoming residents (my bewilderment for our city's presentation in mainstream/social media is not for the same reasons you posted, but for the general idea of the home and overall community tolerance/attitude/behavior I grew up with is evaporating in front of me).

In terms of what you said,
I've no concern for what anyone consenting adult does in private, but I agree, equality means no one is special. It is frightening how this is being twisted.

And I had no idea that the good manners I was taught as a child (and have in turn been teaching my son) would ever be deemed "microagression". Jesus.

(I'm going to borrow the boat line, too, ulster)

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5499 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again, our intolerance is ultimately realized...how? Personal thoughts? Being vocal with friends, family and community? Boycotting? Running for office? Voting the 'right' way? Discussing in forums like this? Talk, talk, talk is not going to stop the left. They continue in increments of inches to miles, but they are always marching!

Hey, I told you what I am doing, which is more than talk. Now, what are you talking about doing exactly? Voting and running for office, and engaging with other people, is how it gets done. Along with teaching our kids how to be good people, that is effective insulation against this big T tolerance and associated tomfoolery.

If you're just going to continue to admonish people for having a discussion, on a discussion forum, just stop now. There is a measure of irony spending more than one post complaining that all people do is talk, so please offer something more, and stop that loop.

Arc.

Posts: 27123 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
To the Left, tolerance is a one way street.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
This is all about power. If they can attain so much power that they control how you talk and behave, they win. It doesn't even matter so much what the specifics are-- calling someone "sir", or whatever. The left wants you to think first about what you need to do to please them, or at the very least not offend them. Then, as Nietzsche put it at the turn of the century, they are the masters, and you are the slave.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
To the Left, tolerance is a one way street.

Yup!

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:... they are the masters, and you are the slave.

I don't slave well.

Truley, I do not.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

See, the trouble with zealots is that, unless you're a zealot too, you're the enemy. Oh sure, they might buddy up to you to get what they want, but once they get what they want, your back is to the wall for a game of Purge.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17085 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
OP, my intent is not disrupt this thread or derail it, but I'm venting my frustration that there are MANY MANY people who are doing what is said to 'work' like beating feet, pounding the pavement, start a local movement, vote the 'right' way, get voted in, publish pamphlets, write books, make documentaries, charts and graphs, etc etc etc.

Even though all of that is admirable and is what we teach our children, it doesn't seem to be working. Even if we were able to make a dent, a judge could come a long, and with a stroke of his pen, strike down anything gained.

We are up against forces our society, in general, isn't prepared to do battle with, know how to battle, hasn't a will to battle, or even able to recognize the enemy to do battle with.

I'm part of this society, and I don't know what to do as I'm one of the many neuterati. I don't know how or what it looks like to effectively fight off the inevitable. I do know, no one is government is or will be our savior.

We are in a fishbowl that is being populated with an aggressive and invasive species. You know how that goes.

Retired Texas Lawman

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
OP, my intent is not disrupt this thread or derail it, but I'm venting my frustration that there are MANY MANY people who are doing what is said to 'work' like beating feet, pounding the pavement, start a local movement, vote the 'right' way, get voted in, publish pamphlets, write books, make documentaries, charts and graphs, etc etc etc.

Even though all of that is admirable and is what we teach our children, it doesn't seem to be working. Even if we were able to make a dent, a judge could come a long, and with a stroke of his pen, strike down anything gained.

We are up against forces our society, in general, isn't prepared to do battle with, know how to battle, hasn't a will to battle, or even able to recognize the enemy to do battle with.

I'm part of this society, and I don't know what to do as I'm one of the many neuterati. I don't know how or what it looks like to effectively fight off the inevitable. I do know, no one is government is or will be our savior.

We are in a fishbowl that is being populated with an aggressive and invasive species. You know how that goes.

Well, he's got me convinced! I'm going to go home and suck start my .357, because it is clearly hopeless. The Commiecrats have won, and anything short of armed revolution in the streets will only be a waste of time. Doomed! We're doomed! Get to your boonkers, everyone! Dooooooooooom!

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17085 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Now, wait a minute.

You're complaining about all the talk, and I've asked you a number of times what you'd do, but you don't know what to do, and don't think any current efforts are effective?

Meanwhile you'll talk sideways about "invasive species?"

I'm not buying for a minute that you "don't know what to do." I also don't think you're paying attention to what is going on, if you don't think that there is increasing opposition to the nonsense from the "pajama boy" crowd and it's trappings.

I get the sense that you do have a solution in mind, but you want other people to do it for you. If you want changes made, don't be the guy whose entire contribution, is to complain that people aren't doing anything...

You do understand that these leftist nutters still have rights and get to still exist, even while we reject where they're trying to steer society right? I hope so, because keep in mind this is America, and we learned our lesson about internment camps already. Remember? back when we dealt with another guy who thought he had the "solution" to an "invasive species."

A free, open, equitable, tolerant society, is not at all guaranteed to be homogeneous, or devoid of things that don't fit your world view. Standing up and saying "I've had enough thanks, you can stop now" is how it's done, and rejecting what has been nurtured on college campuses for decades isn't something that happens in a dramatically shorter time period.

Are you in some kind of a rush?

Arc.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
First off, that there is discussion on this forum, or any other, about this abuse of the idea of tolerance, is absolutely necessary. Secondly, we haven't become pathetic, I'm not sure if you've been watching the news since November.

Arc.

Well said, Arc. Thanks.
Your post makes me think of Mark Steyn's column writing on the events in Manchester.
Tolerance... because if we don't have tolerance, we have "division".

The Ruin of England
by Mark Steyn
May 30, 2017
https://www.steynonline.com/78...of-england#pq=uGAtGB

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
(t)olerance, acceptance, these things are truly not what is sought. And to clarify, I'm not just talking about sexual proclivities, but paradigms as a whole. It is not enough to be tolerated, or accepted, especially if your position is a minority one. The only way a minority position can be changed is through PROMOTION.

Any minority viewpoint will continue to be a minority viewpoint until you sway others to the new line of thinking. The more logical and reasonable the line is, the less promotion is needed. The more extreme, then much more promotion is needed to overcome generational teachings. The very generational teachings that are necessary to combat against such things.

Make no mistake, it IS a war. And one that must be fought generationally, continually, and forever.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
OP, let us continue what we're doing in the US/West, and honestly tell me your vision of what it will look like in 150 to 200 years from now.

The invasive and aggressive species is just that. It is some leftist's dream to 'coexist', where all people and cultures coexist, and hopefully in equal percentages. It doesn't work that way in reality, and I'm sure you know that. Some people/culture is going to want to be the top fish in the fish bowl, so the 'coexisters' get eaten up eventually.

In reference to knowing what to do for effective intolerance, I honestly don't know what it looks like. Our society has become FAR more defensive in nature while being on the offense is abhorred. And if we listen to what sounds like a joke now like 'cultural appropriation', 'white privilege', etc etc, even being defensive is looked down upon.

I laugh a long at the left for 'do it for the children', but now I'm on that bandwagon. Do it for your children! Tolerance(intolerance) is the oversized elephant in the room...or the snakehead in the fishbowl of goldfish.

Retired Texas Lawman

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
My name isn't OP, by the by.

Man, you still haven't answered my question, at all. More half-speech, Offense, really? Stop beating about the bush and spit it out, man.

I don't mind saying that it is a war, but it's a cultural war of hearts and minds. If you think something else is needed, you're wrong.

When I speak of equality, I'm not at all talking about it as the left does, because they do indeed mean "fair share for everyone." Meanwhile, the mob gets to decide what is fair.

Equality means equal rights, and equal opportunity. Opportunity isn't a guarantee, or an entitlement.

The strategy that I've already outlined, is a winning one.

Equality among a free people doesn't mean that everyone is the same, or equal economically or socially. Equality is a matter of natural human rights, and that no man can interrupt the rights of another.

This victim culture sound and fury is at once at its loudest, and at the beginning of its decline. We need to make sure that said decline continues, by being decent human beings.

Arc.

Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I thought "OP" was universally known as "Original Poster." No offense.

Yeah, I don't know what it looks like in this day and age, but is surely doesn't look like what is going on now. The US/West is losing ground fast, and it seems like we're only sliding down the slippery slope all the much faster.

Your opinions have merit, and again, more than worthy to teach our children, but SOMEHOW, if we're going to have a future of freedom of movement across the world and an ever growing family tree, we need to also be teaching something else. I just don't know what that is.

I'm leaving for a road trip in a few so I will be gone for at least the next couple of days. Time to add the cutest goldendoodle puppy to our family.

Cheers and peace out!!!

Retired Texas Lawman