SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NHL Player scores with his head, gets stitches, scores again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHL Player scores with his head, gets stitches, scores again Login/Join 
posted
Conor Garland catches a slapshot to the head to deflect a goal in, gets stitches in the locker room, returns to the game, scores another goal. NFL player would go to a little blue tent on the sidelines, sit out 6 weeks.

Added. Another video showing that he was hit pretty good. Warning: Shows some blood on the ice:

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
That's using his head.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
That made me think of Jeremy Roenick. When he played for Chicago, he had to leave the ice due to having some teeth knocked out. He came back (after a shot of Novocain, I think) and scored the winning goal!

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2103 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Rubber bullets can be dangerous at close range...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15628 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
The cross-check knocked his helmet loose. It was high on his head or it likely would have helped some. Still would have felt it but likely may not have cut him.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16413 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
Conor Garland catches a slapshot to the head to deflect a goal in, gets stitches in the locker room, returns to the game, scores another goal. NFL player would go to a little blue tent on the sidelines, sit out 6 weeks.
Impressive, but your description is factually inaccurate. The goal that caused his injury was a wrist shot not a slap shot.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23326 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Garland was one of our favorite players for the Tucson Roadrunners (the AHL affiliate of the Coyotes). Plays hard all the time....glad to see him make the NHL.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member of FPC, GOA, 2AF & Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2845 | Location: Tucson Sector | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Cool video that shows the toughness these guys possess. Not to derail the thread, but I wanted to present another (NSFW) video that highlights some of the differences between....Rugby & Soccer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mutedblade,

Posts: 2836 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
How about a NSFW warning on ^^^^^^^

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38006 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I can remember when NHL goalies played without a mask. Ouch. Hard to imagine… They had lots of stitches, but few teeth.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9007 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I'm friends with a young guy that is already retired from professional hockey.
Multiple concussions. He became addicted to pain meds which they stopped giving him. He turned to Herron .... Finally clean and putting his life back together. Coaches kids hockey now.
A great guy. Has a great future ahead of him.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
That's pretty cool for him, was the 3rd goal the game winner? Looks like he's on a nice little run, 6 goals in his last 4 games.

ETA: Looked it up and it he scores the game winner, awesome!

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2448 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
They don't ask how, just how many. Cool

Posts: 7076 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post