SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    looking now for 'meat thermometer'....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking now for 'meat thermometer'.... Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
I know there's a thread not too far back but no search I've done has found it....

Looking for decent meat thermometer for charcoal Webers use. I've grown suspicious of my analog stainless model.

On amazon search, first page turns up dozens. Not looking for the 'rhinestone enhanced' model.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Thermapen !!

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Look no further than the Thermapen.

http://www.thermoworks.com/Classic-Thermapen

I also have a ChefAlarm from the same company that I use frequently.

http://www.thermoworks.com/ChefAlarm

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 5025 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want the best, Thermapen

http://www.thermoworks.com

Posts: 1172 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
+1 on any Thermoworks product!!!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16312 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
There really is no discussion on this topic.

They're not cheap - but worthy of every dollar.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
Look no further than the Thermapen.

http://www.thermoworks.com/Classic-Thermapen

I also have a ChefAlarm from the same company that I use frequently.

http://www.thermoworks.com/ChefAlarm

I, too, have both. Excellent products and excellent CS. The wire portion of the probe on my ChefAlarm broke. I called them up and they sent me a new one no questions asked.

Posts: 20565 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
There really is no discussion on this topic.

They're not cheap - but worthy of every dollar.

This. Best investments I've made in accurate temp!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12672 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Yep, Thermapen. Even the HVAC tech that serviced my air conditioning system used one in one of the vents to check the air output last week.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And if the Thermapen is totally out of the budget a very close second is the Thermopop. Not quite as fast but still pretty quick. Both sold by Thermoworks. Either of those far outranks whatever is in 3rd place.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2940 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Thanks....order done!

Note: "SALE" 15% off the black model for Father's Day.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Sir... Are you classified as human?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
. Is this a trick question???

**************~~~~~~~~~~
~SIGforum advisor~

posted Hide Post
quote:

I am not a robot

Posts: 13072 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
quote:
. Is this a trick question???

I'm a meat popsicle.

Having established that, did anyone else get a treat w/ their Thermapen/Thermoworks order?
I got Jelly Bellies w/ mine.
At first I was like, wth?
Then I was all like, nom-nom.

Posts: 7485 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
Thanks....order done!

Note: "SALE" 15% off the black model for Father's Day.

I caved last month and bought one.

Led to this perfectly cooked Châteaubriand for my mom on Mother's Day. You'll be happy with the results.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
perfectly cooked Châteaubriand

Good Lord!!!!

**************~~~~~~~~~~
~SIGforum advisor~

posted Hide Post
THIS! I'm a BBQ geek, and all my fellow broke BBQ geeks that can't afford a Thermoworks Thermapen get the Thermoworks ThermoPop. An awesome value!

quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
And if the Thermapen is totally out of the budget a very close second is the Thermopop. Not quite as fast but still pretty quick. Both sold by Thermoworks. Either of those far outranks whatever is in 3rd place.

Posts: 1731 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
I bought a thermapen based on the forum recommendation and it has been fantastic. My only complaint is that it is right handed operation and I am a lefty. I use it all the time.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1514 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
I bought a thermapen based on the forum recommendation and it has been fantastic. My only complaint is that it is right handed operation and I am a lefty. I use it all the time.

Is this a joke? I don't understand?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post