SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seeking recommendations for electric (corded) string trimmer (weed eater)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking recommendations for electric (corded) string trimmer (weed eater) Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
Yes, corded, not battery and not gas powered.
I like solid products and am not excessively concerned about the price.

The availability of pre-wound spools rather than having to rewind with sections of line would be desirable.

Recommendations?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I have a dewalt battery powered 20v and love it. Any reason you think you need a corded one? Mine will last 30 minutes easy.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Corded stuff is kind of a fading technology at this point given all the new battery operated trimmers. My best, most of the remaining corded options are going to be kinda cheap.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
I know you said corded...but look at this; it is what I use, and can vouch for it’s runtime and effectiveness. It is a beast.

Milwaukee M18 Fuel 2725-20

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My electric trimmer's cord stops at the charger. Wink

As to the spools, get one with the "Quick Load" system and you'll be respooling them yourself.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've become a Milwaukee junkie and when my gas powered trimmer died I replaced it with a Milwaukee M18 trimmer with the quick lock feature. Ove only had it since late May so haven't had to do anything with the string yet but it has plenty of power and plenty of run time with a 6 amp hour battery. It also has the ability to swap out the head and I've already purchased the pole saw attachment and will get the edger sometime in the future.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Maybe this one? It’s one of the few I saw with a real head. If it is a real Speedfeed head you will love it. Hard to tell if it is the same or some other type head.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RY...er-RY41135/302657561

Speedfeed heads take about 3 arm widths of string, poke it through and turn the cap. Done. I can load one in about 10 seconds.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
My trimming/edging needs are modest. So I have a 50' outdoor cord and this Black & Decker corded trimmer.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post