SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone regularly use a fanny pack/sling pack? What works best for you?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone regularly use a fanny pack/sling pack? What works best for you? Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
I'm too old now to care what I look like in public, I'm often in crocs so the pack wont matter!

I rarely wear clothes with enough pockets to carry what I like to carry on a daily basis. I've always thought sling packs were a good option over a fat ass wallet and stuffed pockets.

What has worked for you? and conversely not worked?

Doesn't need to be for concealed carry as I wont be doing that often off body.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6624 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I use a Maxpedition beltpack. Noting it seems to be sold out.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16951 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm often in crocs

Dude. Big Grin

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16951 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
I'm often in crocs

Dude. Big Grin

OPSEC!

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6624 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 27606 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I use the Hazard 4 Tanto. It works great for me. I have having a lot of stuff in my pockets and its really good for that. Just big enough for everything, small enough not to be a PITA. I have the Greyman version which does not have a waist cinch which I miss occasionally but most of the time wouldn't bother with.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2081 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I'm on my 2nd Maxpedition Fatboy Versipak, been using one as my EDC for 14, 15 years. Jusr replaced my original one 3 years ago. The items I carry really never changed in all of the years, pretty much the same list of stuff.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17192 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I carry this Murse only when flying internationally, plenty of pockets and places to put stuff. It's about 12"X8"

https://www.swissgear.com/swis...ertical-boarding-bag

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a small pack similar to the Maxpedition displayed that I got with a S&W pistol. It's big enough for all the crap I carry to work. I carry it cross body. I also have a butt pack with a pull cord that drops the front open to access a pistol. I use it while walking and biking.

Posts: 17261 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I'm on my 2nd Maxpedition Fatboy Versipak, been using one as my EDC for 14, 15 years. Jusr replaced my original one 3 years ago. The items I carry really never changed in all of the years, pretty much the same list of stuff.

Same here. They make good stuff.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17620 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Hey Otto...
Are those Tactical Crocs you're wearing? SOF_Tactical_Crocs

or did you pick up a Croc's external load bearing gear set?
Croc's_LBG

Big Grin

Posts: 2868 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this is to big for you, but this works for me..

Link

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2713 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
The Patagonia Atom above is pretty good but I wouldn't buy it now (company and socio-political reasons). But it's been a good product.

Waiting for a sale on this:
https://vertx.com/socp-tactical-fanny-pack
or this
https://hillpeoplegear.com/Pro...ryID/1/ProductID/129

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13112 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Don't like fanny packs myself. The VersiPak is a good unit. I got one from YooperSig a few years ago. Don't use it a lot. But is very nice if need to carry some stuff. Thanks Yoop.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19761 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Lentta-...d=1718745395&sr=8-15

https://thegearhouse.com/produ...tility-bag-cvsub3025

Cabela's does not make my vest from 25 years ago.
This one is sorta close, kinda.

And vism
Does not make this exact sling from 20 years ago,
But again , this is kinda close.

Both have served me very well.

My first choice is the vest,
Then when it's too hot here in Iowa I go with the man bag.

You can purchase Xtra heavy duty battle gear for jumping out of A.P.C's and fast roping out of Helo's at five times the price,
But I only do that in my dreams.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry
Two sets of keys, two pair glasses, note pad , pen , sharpie, pistol(hip) mag (pants pocket)

Chapstick, clip knife (pants)
And still have tons of room.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a fanny pack daily. It’s usually tossed inside a backpack for my commute but other times I wear it crossbody or over a shoulder. It’s black with two zippered compartments. It’s not fashionable but it carries med stuff I need to survive. It goes almost everywhere with me.

PacSafe Vibe 100

Posts: 4332 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
5.11 Rush - Sling bag.

Usually in my truck/car/jeep, but if I go into an office it goes with me. When shopping or around town...stays semi-hidden in the vehicle.

It's got some survival basics, but mostly tools/reloads and other useful things. Usually has get home items should the need arise.

I attach it to a larger pack if I drive more than an hour or so from the office/home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13988 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
The Patagonia Atom above is pretty good but I wouldn't buy it now (company and socio-political reasons). But it's been a good product.

Waiting for a sale on this:
https://vertx.com/socp-tactical-fanny-pack
or this
https://hillpeoplegear.com/Pro...ryID/1/ProductID/129

They've ALWAYS had a far-left socio-polical stance.

Best part is wearing/using their gear, doing the very things they stand against....like carrying & shooting guns. I have a friend who makes it a point to wear the most left-wing apparel brands at the shooting range, then tagging them on his social feeds.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a recumbent trike and after losing a couple of things from my pockets (thank goodness pretty much unimportant and replaceable), I searched for a cross body sling pack that I do not need to sit on. I preferred that it not scream tactical. I am using this, https://vertx.com/everyday-fanny-pack. It works the best for me and it can be a sling or hip pack. It is large enough to conceal carry a compact size pistol and mag, slim wallet, cell phone and a few small incidentals. If not carrying it is probably more than adequate for about everything one could need. I keep the slim wallet or cell in the front pocket to prevent printing. Also if it might help me to shoot like Lena M. whats not to like? Have had no questions about it when I have been in local bike shops which are full of millennials.
ATA, It will barely hold my 1911 CCO by itself.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2949 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post