SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone regularly use a fanny pack/sling pack? What works best for you?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone regularly use a fanny pack/sling pack? What works best for you? Login/Join 
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Helikon Tex Bandicoot fanny pack. Works very well.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10543 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
https://kavu.com/collections/b...s/products/spectator

https://kavu.com/collections/w...s/products/fairbanks

I wear a Kavu Spectator most of the summer. The Kavu Fairbanks wallet fits perfect in the small front pocket and a Glock 43 with a pinky extension in the main pocket.
I have a kydex trigger guard holster on the 43 and run the lanyard around the belt strap. To draw I unzip and just pull the gun out and the trigger holster stays attached to the belt.

I wear a t shirt and the t shirt covers the pack and you can’t even tell I am wearing it. I do make sure to buy my athletic shorts with one zipper pocket for my phone and key.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25701 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Vanquest Dendrite in grey. I believe it’s the large one. I only use it when traveling for wipes, keys, cash wallet/credentials and other necessities. I frequently use it in Vegas slung over my shoulder. So many folks use similar bags so I’ve never been asked by security to look into it. The strap is long enough that I can wear it in front if I’m in crowds for security, or flip it around so it rides behind me.

I have never used it to carry a firearm as I prefer those to be on the body, but the pack frees up my pockets so I can carry a j-frame, P365 in a front pocket. I never carry anything in my back pockets and haven’t done so for 2 decades.

Posts: 815 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5.11 Daily Deploy sling bag. For a fanny style pack, I use a 5.11 Rapid Waist Pack.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I got this CCW sling bag. Economical and it works. Screams mall ninja but I like it. Don't use it everyday. I also like it for driving. Not easy for someone to try to pull it off you. Lots of pockets and the quick access to your weapon works really well.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://militaryluggage.com/bl...du9OdKRoCxN4QAvD_BwE

I've had this Condor for several years. Very good quality and functionality.
I'm not sure it will coordinate well with Crocs though.

Posts: 2065 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The nice thing about a vest is.
When you are out and about and have to use the rest room.

All you do is put your gun in the vest pocket while you get your business done.

Still on your body , not on the hand rail or tank lid or baby table.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I’ve gotten more than my moneys worth out of a no name $20 black cordura fanny pack I bought probably 10 years ago. Not super “tactical” but designed to carry a gun as well as a couple more zipper pockets.

I just ordered a new one from Amazon for my upcoming trip. Not a gun carrier, but same basic style. I’m very picky though, I don’t like the ones where the buckle is at your back, I prefer it to be in the front in one side or another.

Maybe a little paranoid, but don’t like the idea of being in a crowd and someone behind you unfastening it and trying to make off with it and the contents.

This one seems to meet that requirement

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RCJ2F1J

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11227 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
I ccw 90% of the time with a fanny pack. It is green and does not look tactical. Lots of tourists here with all kinds of fanny packs, shoulder slings, day packs, etc, so I don't stand out in the crowd. Not that I care these days anyway if a bank teller or fellow Person of Walmart suspects it might contain a gun.

I easily fit a wallet, phone, and keys in it.

Overall I prefer a fanny pack to a cross body sling for comfort.

Posts: 9753 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I like and use Pacsafe sling bags and backpacks. The draw for me is they are anti-theft and slash proof.

Pacsafe

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20075 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found it
https://poshmark.com/listing/C...bjz3gCxoCzY8QAvD_BwE

One like mine,
I had 16 patches from national parks, monuments and national Forrest that we've visited sewn on.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55208 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I have a couple (now dc'd) Kelty sling bags that I like.

Posts: 11416 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I’ve decided to go with the Viktos, it was on the short list along with some others posted here. But the 25% military discount got me, I’ll see how it works and if need be go with one of the other choices posted here. I like the Helikon a lot.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6624 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I would love to buy one of the sling bags but they're just too expensive for me to justify at this momen.

quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
This one seems to meet that requirement

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RCJ2F1J

Thanks for that link, I ordered one yesterday.

Posts: 13313 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
I'm too old now to care what I look like in public, I'm often in crocs so the pack wont matter!

I rarely wear clothes with enough pockets to carry what I like to carry on a daily basis. I've always thought sling packs were a good option over a fat ass wallet and stuffed pockets.

What has worked for you? and conversely not worked?

Doesn't need to be for concealed carry as I wont be doing that often off body.

I like Hill People gear. Use one of their chest bags for woods/bear country hiking and ccw when tramping through the underbrush or hunting. But they also make an awesome belt bag or two. Solid, well laid out bags. Doesn't specifically say "made in USA" so I suspect it isn't, but they are family owned American business using American materials and employing Americans, and they're big proponents of liberty and the 2A. A lot to like. Check them out: Hill People

Posts: 1767 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The offerings from Viktos look really good. Very tempting!

James, please give us a full review after you’ve used you rig for a while.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10543 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post