SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    There’s a New Street Coming to Los Angeles – Obama Boulevard
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There’s a New Street Coming to Los Angeles – Obama Boulevard Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
If it's anything like MLK Blvd in any city in America, it will be a biggest shithole in town.

https://urbanhollywood411.com/...ove-obama-boulevard/

Former President Barack Obama will soon have his name permanently etched on a Los Angeles street.

After months of planning and debate, the city council voted 15-0 Tuesday to change the name of Rodeo Road to Obama Boulevard.

“We’re thrilled that Angelenos and visitors will forever be reminded of the legacy of President @BarackObama when traveling across L.A.,” Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti tweeted Tuesday night.

City Council President Herb Wesson proposed the name change last year.

At the time, he noted that Obama held a campaign rally on Rodeo Road, when he was running for president.

Not to be confused with Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, Rodeo Road runs through parts of L.A.

The road is located near “president’s row,” a series of streets named after former U.S. presidents, including Washington Boulevard, Adams Boulevard and Jefferson Boulevard.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Needles 'n shit. Watch where you walk.

Posts: 9297 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We've had one in Whorlando for several years, and in concert with his tenure, the roads not finished, it's causing people problems, it's short on money, and costs more than they thought...

ORLANDO, Fla. - Phase two of President Barack Obama Parkway near Kirkman and Conroy roads was approved years ago, but Channel 9 found out money is keeping the city from finishing the project.

One of the project’s goals is to alleviate traffic on surrounding roadways, but its current state is making things worse, drivers said.

Making a trek down Kirkman Road in Orlando is what drivers call a mess.

Rickey Hatcher drives it daily and said what should be a five-minute commute has tripled.

“Too many stoplights. A lot of traffic,” he said.

Nearby President Barack Obama Parkway is supposed to eventually ease traffic on congested areas like Kirkman Road, John Young Parkway and Interstate 4.

But the first phase of the project only took the road about 1.5 miles.

Nine continuous miles would create an alternate north-and-south route between the Apopka and Millenia areas.

The Orlando City Council approved the second phase in 2012 and a design has been complete since fall 2014.

In all, four years with no movement.

The city said the overall project cost $14.1 million and it’s waiting for about $7 million in state funds.

The parkway is part of MetroPlan Orlando’s 20-year vision.

It said there’s no available timetable and funding is nearly at the bottom of its project waiting list, at No. 14.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
As long as it’s a memorial.....the sooner the better!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4657 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Perfect, that street runs right throught the Crenshaw district which serves as the shining example of an inner-city political failure.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3488 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Is it a 'One Way'

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4279 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
comes with all the potholes already installed and nothing really is 'shovel ready'

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
The street will only go to the left.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
The street will only go to the left.

And lead you into a dead end despite signs to the contrary

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15833 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Is it a 'One Way'

"Down Hill!"

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Mmmmmm, mmmmmmm, mmmmmmh,
Potholes slow down drive-bys

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There will be gunfire and crime on that street, every night, just like every single "MLK Boulevard" in the United States. Every single one.

You know it's true

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Here's a preview of this new thoroughfare in all of its elegant splendor...

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Rodeo Road, NOT Rodeo Drive (Beverly Hills), is a small stretch of mostly lower middle class residential homes & apartments, demographics mostly black.

But once it becomes Obama Blvd, I imagine a change will happen:

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Will it intersect with MLK Blvd? or Ronn parallel?

Posts: 8726 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
If it's anything like MLK Blvd in any city in America, it will be a biggest shithole in town...

..."We’re thrilled that Angelenos and visitors will forever be reminded of the legacy of President @BarackObama when traveling across L.A.,” Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti tweeted Tuesday night...

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
It's funny that people don't see the unspoken racism with regard to "Martin Luther King Blvd." and now "Obama Blvd." These streets are named after prominent Black people, and are always locations no one would ever want to be! We have some streets named after MLK in the various cities in the Bay Area. I won't even consider going anywhere near them.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10860 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

Rodeo Road, NOT Rodeo Drive!

The Los Angeles City Council voted to rename Rodeo Road as Obama Boulevard in honor of former President Obama, Mayor Eric Garcetti announced in a tweet Tuesday night.

“We’re thrilled that Angelenos and visitors will forever be reminded of the legacy of President @BarackObama when traveling across L.A.,” he said in the tweet.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24641 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
If it's anything like MLK Blvd in any city in America, it will be a biggest shithole in town.

And if it isn't now, it will be.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
My initial though before I opened this thread was Bogbore's first line almost word for word lol.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post