SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shooting Through Peephole - It's Real
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting Through Peephole - It's Real Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
I had always thought it was just a silly Hollywood trope. I was wrong. Getting shot through the peephole in your door is real. Who knew?

Woman Shot Dead Through Peep Hole
By: FOX5NY.COM STAFF
POSTED: NOV 26 2018 08:06AM EST
UPDATED: NOV 26 2018 08:33AM EST

NEW YORK (FOX 5 NY) - A 45-year-old woman was shot in the face and killed through her door's peep hole in the Concourse Village section of the Bronx, according to the NYPD.

The deadly shooting occurred at about 9:42 p.m. on Nov. 24.

The NY Post reported that she may have not been the intended target.

Police responded to apartment 1F at 760 Grand Concourse where they found the woman on the ground and unresponsive.

The victim was identified as Wendy Martinez.

The NY Post reported that Martinez's oldest son was due in court Monday for a 2014 gang-related murder. Brian Solano, 25, has been out of jail since last year pending trial after new evidence suggested his innocence, added the Post.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/wom...ad-through-peep-hole

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Another reason to have security cameras to see who is outside.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's as real as getting shot any other way.

For the practical shooter, it's easier to shoot through the door itself; there's nothing particularly significant about being shot through the eye piece vs. next to it.

Personally, I use the peep hole, but it stays covered and before I approach it, the entry on my side isn't lighted, so I'm not backlit in the peep. I don't make noise approaching the door, so someone on the other side isn't aware when I'm there or not.

the use of a camera helps negate the issue of the peephole, but the fact is that if someone is going to shoot, the only significance of the peep hole is that it may give someone a chance to know when you're behind the door. At that point, it's simply a shot though the door, peep hole not withstanding. The whole point of using a peep hole is to give advantage and to observe undetected. Take pains to protect that advantage.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Something like this happened to my brother in laws younger sister. Happened in summer of 2017. Young kid in her senior year of high school. Older brother was/is in a street gang but the police could never find the shooter(s) or prove the motive that they were coming for him.

Someone rings the doorbell, she goes to answer the door and looks through the peephole. Asks who is it and was shot in her face. It was multiple shots. One shot destroyed her hand so bad her body had to wear a glove for the funeral. Killed right there in their own home in front of her mother.

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can get shot thru a door or peephole. There are a number of factors involved in becoming a homicide victim, though. It is HIGHLY unlikely someone is going to randomly pick your door. Something else was going on. Domestic violence, drug use, etc.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Sharky’s Machine, when Billy Score (Henry Silva) put the shotgun to the peephole to kill Dominoe.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

In one book I just finished, the agent's standard practice was to hold a pillow over the peep hole first.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post