SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Love It When I'm Right...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Love It When I'm Right... Login/Join 
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted
... and she isn't, but I don't have to say anything! Big Grin

Being one who can't resist a "bargain", even if it's something we don't need, the spousal unit will always go for the generic automatic dishwashing detergent over spending a bit more for a quality detergent, like Cascade Platinum! She is also constantly complaining about the dishes not getting clean and having to rewash them (not like she does it... I'm the one with dishwashing duties!). I've tried to explain over and over that it's the el-cheapo detergent she keeps buying, but since she always seems to buy the next round of it before I can get to it, that's what we end up with. Roll Eyes

Fast-forward to about 2 weeks ago. She decided that the dishwasher was probably in need of cleaning, so bought one of those little things you hang on the basket and run for a cycle to clean the buildup and gunk out of the machine. Then she proceeds to load it up with dirty dishes, generic detergent, and some powdered BOOSTER she bought to make sure they came clean! Nope... still coming out dirty, and after 2 or 3 runs, the dishwasher itself was all clogged up with caked-up powder residue from the booster crap! Mad

Well, I had reached my limit on this so off to Wally World I go to purchase Cascade Platinum gel packs. I load the machine up and get ready for a run, and she wants to add the powdered booster again... Eek I tell her NO, we're running this one with the Cascade only to see how it does, so the cycle is started.

Guess what? The dishes come out sparkling clean... even ones that had dirty stains left from the last run! I'm not really surprised, but she is amazed! Smile She is so impressed in fact that she immediately unloaded and reloaded with more dishes (she never pre-rinses or scrapes like I do, so I was concerned about the results). Two Cascade Platinum gel packs only, one for each cycle, and out came very clean shiny dishes! I think she FINALLY gets it!!! Big Grin

I started to say "I've been trying to tell you all along it was the cheap-ass detergent!", but I just let the results speak for themselves. I did say something to the effect of "Boy, that Cascade Platinum really works well" and let it go at that.

Now to see how long the lesson is remembered...

Posts: 4778 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Just lay low and don't gloat. Resistance is futile, ultimately she will win anyway. Cool

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
She will tell you that it was her idea to change to the Cascade Platinum®.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Rinsing agents like Jet also work great at keeping off water spots.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I Love It When I'm Right...

Big Grin

and it only took you until may 26th this year !

good for you ,

I am still waiting to right about any ole damn thing

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55174 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
enjoy it for now.
Won't last long.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If a man is alone in the forest with no woman to hear him speak, and the man says something, is he still wrong?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31383 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
She's already planning your epic downfall from the perch you're gloating from. Trust me! Lol

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1915 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
LOL.... I hear all of you!!! She thinks she's right most of the time, but the evidence indicates otherwise the vast majority of the time. I very carefully point to the evidence and the obvious conclusion when possible, but say no more. On a rare occasion when she is in the proper mood will I actually gloat!

Regarding planning my downfall, she's been trying for 26 years now... I'm still waiting. Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bronicabill,

Posts: 4778 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
If a man is alone in the forest with no woman to hear him speak, and the man says something, is he still wrong?
According to wimmens... danged straight they are!!! Big Grin

Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Rinsing agents like Jet also work great at keeping off water spots.
The Cascade Platinum has a rinsing agent built-in, so no water spots. Our issue was the dishes just not getting clean to begin with; caked on food left, coffee/tea stains, etc. The Cascade Platinum removes that stuff where the generic crapola didn't even touch it!

posted Hide Post
I've been going thru that routine of having to prove things and being right 95% of the time for thirty years with my other half, I'm still always wrong. Only reason I say 95% is because I have no way to prove to myself that it was probably a higher percentage.

Posts: 74 | Registered: April 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I do have this little bit of news for you, Mr. Right:

Good Housekeeping: Stop rinsing dishes

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23654 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
You were right? Apologized immediately!
I use Cascade also. However, I was getting a film on the glasses. Utube was my friend and I dismantled the dishwasher, then reassembled it. Major improvement.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I do have this little bit of news for you, Mr. Right:

Good Housekeeping: Stop rinsing dishes

Okay, just for clarification, I don't pre-wash... I only remove the heavy gunk, or pre-scrape and remove food scraps per the article cited! I most definitely let the machine and detergent do the rest of the work, however, I may rinse more than I should, so will back off and let the detergent do MORE of the work and see how well it does! Wink

Thanks for the link to the article... will try it on the next load and report back who was more righter... me or it! Razz

Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
You were right? Apologized immediately!
I use Cascade also. However, I was getting a film on the glasses. Utube was my friend and I dismantled the dishwasher, then reassembled it. Major improvement.

Yeah, I read your post on that! We had just run some of the dishwasher cleaner through it, and I had previously run some CLR through it also, and between those two it helps a lot.... doesn't remove solids stuck in the pump screen or spray arms, but it takes care of everything else quite well.

posted Hide Post
Occasionally adding 1-2 quarts of vinegar at the beginning of the long wash cycle will help to clean both the dishes and the machine. I probably do it once every two or three weeks.

Posts: 1504 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
She will tell you that it was her idea to change to the Cascade Platinum®.

flashguy
If the OP is smart, he will tell her, "thanks for suggesting that we try the Cascade Platinum!"

Posts: 6764 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Powered lemonade packet cleans your dishwasher like you wouldn't believe.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post