SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Days of the week that are not what they seem to be
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Days of the week that are not what they seem to be Login/Join 
posted
Why do people's minds take facts and bend or twist them to misrepresent actual times?

What goes on with what part of the brain to disorient people?

It's been Sunday for two and a half hours , since waking up.

But now!
It's Tuesday .
It happens eight or ten times a year.

Makes me think that m
One of my belts is slipping,
Or I am low on some kinda fluid.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55210 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
You lost the lime in your coconut.

Posts: 1374 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I worked from home this past Thursday as my car was in the shop, I normally only work Fridays from home now.

Well, this disoriented me for the next two days as that Thursday felt like a Friday and then Friday felt like Saturday and so on…

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I've been working four tens for about five years now. Monday through Thursday.

I still have to remind myself (and my wife) on Friday that it's not Saturday yet.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5545 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Time is a lie, an illusion of the human brain and dates are an artificial construct modern society uses to control us. Feel proud that your brain is rejecting these notions and attempting to shed these chains of control oppression. Wink

Posts: 21378 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Been retired for six years. Either my wife or I often say to the other "It's <day>, right?" And, sometimes, the answer comes back "No, it's <other day>." Other oft-heard refrains are "I know it's <day>, but, it sure feels like <other day>" and "I thought today was <day>, but, it's <other day>."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the reason I have to wear a watch with the DAY and Date on it.

Posts: 619 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Most of the easily-confused days end in "y" - the others are straightforward...

Posts: 15158 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will reply to this on the second Tuesday of next week. Wink

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

I am low on some kinda fluid.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Know what you mean, bendable. Last Friday felt like it was Saturday. Really. Since I don't work a "normal" work week/schedule, my days of the week are screwed up to beyond infinity anyway.

What REALLY throws me off is getting to a west coast destination at 9:00AM, doing a "day over", waking up at 10:00PM same day, and flying the red-eye back to Houston with a midnight departure (2:00AM Houston time) and arrive at 6:15AM. I'm toast after that...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it.”
― Steve Martin

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5725 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
ensigmatic - you must have some coding experience. Saw your reply and was drawn back about 30 years into my experience with coding! LOL

Posts: 3406 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by odin:
ensigmatic - you must have some coding experience.
Just a >< little Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it.”
― Steve Martin

I watched The Jerk this weekend on Netflix. It still holds up.

Posts: 803 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Is this one of those Multi-Verse things?

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I work nights on a rotating schedule (4/2). Today is yesterday, tomorrow is today, yesterday might be two days ago. Days of the week are a suggestion at best and a foreign language at worst. I cannot recall the number of times my wife has been talking about plans of some sort and I've had to ask her what day of the week it was.

Posts: 5203 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Thought this might be appropriate for the thread topic:

Physics Explains Why Time Passes Faster As You Age

Mind time cannot be measured on a watch.

https://getpocket.com/explore/...source=pocket-newtab

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It took till noon today till it seemed like Tuesday and by the time I got home at 3:00,

My mind was getting ready for tomorrow to be Wednesday.

By 10: p.m.
I should be completely caught up .
Bed time at 11:30.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55210 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Since 31 March 2007, every day has been a Saturday. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post