SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Days of the week that are not what they seem to be
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Days of the week that are not what they seem to be Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Thought this might be appropriate for the thread topic:

Physics Explains Why Time Passes Faster As You Age

Mind time cannot be measured on a watch.

https://getpocket.com/explore/...source=pocket-newtab

I think it’s more simple than that. When you’re 10 one year is ten percent of your life. When you’re fifty that year shrinks to two percent. And so it goes.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5725 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
This is the reason I have to wear a watch with the DAY and Date on it.
My computer and TV box both remind me what day it is.

Bendable, did you have an alien abduction?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a short lived kidnapping,
All the testing they require was done by the time we were passing the moon,

A very short consult with "the head office"
Someplace

Then they brought me straight the hell back.

Something about invasive species was mentioned

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55210 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I used to work for a company in Florida that had us scheduled for four, ten hour days. The last two years I was there I worked Wednesday through Saturday.

It was not uncommon for me to pick up at least one overtime shift almost every week, sometimes two. The most confusing was when I picked up a shift in the middle of my three day weekend.

Because I might pick up a shift in the middle of my weekend It felt like, The last work week day was my Friday, even tho it was Saturday. Then my first day off was Sunday (and it was a Sunday) because I had to work overtime the next day, Monday,(and it was a Monday) but that also made the work day Friday again because I was off Tuesday.
Then the next day off was my Sunday even tho it was Tuesday because I had to be back at work the next day, Wednesday, my Monday.
That was the start of my week all over again.

I remember once showing up on what I thought was one of my overtime Mondays only to find out it was really my Saturday. Thankfully they were short handed that day and I stayed for an extra overtime shift that week. That made it a 60 hour work week and I still had a day off.
Confusing.

The last five years I live in New Jersey almost every day was Monday because for about 70% year I worked seven days a week. That made it a little less confusing.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2639 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post