SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bill Maher has been branded a heretic by leftists
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Maher has been branded a heretic by leftists Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

He can be a smug jackass, but he's not stupid. I feel like if you can take it, and dish it out, he'd be a fun guy to hang out with. He's willing to talk to people who are totally the opposite of him, and he pushes back on the lunacy from people he agrees with, that's a rare thing for a lefty.

And that’s why the left has turned on him. Gone are the days where you could have open dialogue about a myriad other topics. Now if you don’t 100% agree with your sides agenda (the left especially) you are automatically viewed as an extremist on the other team. Look at Rogan, Musk and many others for recent examples.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

He can be a smug jackass, but he's not stupid. I feel like if you can take it, and dish it out, he'd be a fun guy to hang out with. He's willing to talk to people who are totally the opposite of him, and he pushes back on the lunacy from people he agrees with, that's a rare thing for a lefty.

Agreed. He is pushing back on the extremist left and calling their shit. I detest some of his opinions, especially religion and God, but he sure as shit called the left on the bullshit they are doing in education, etc. He is pushing back on the extremist left lunacy and whatever form we can get I will take. The right says X, they dismiss it. When someone of their own kin says it, well I’m happy to see them so upset. Sit and spin mother fuckers.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
He also turned me into a newt, but I got better

Burn him!!! Burn him!!!!!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
They love to keep providing him with good material. I doubt HBO will drop him over this. Roll Eyes

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I want to hate on him too, but he is so spot on with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DH4v6FnbvM&t=1s

Posts: 3513 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I want to hate on him too, but he is so spot on with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DH4v6FnbvM&t=1s

He's been spot on with several of the things he's said in the last couple years. There is a lot of things that he says and thinks that I know I don't agree with, but on the other hand, there are some traditional conservative things I don't necessarily agree with, either.

When you divide the world into two camps, it's usually more what you disagree on than what you agree on that seems to matter.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I will welcome them back from the precipice when they finally see the light. I hope he survives and his voice brings the mass of the left back to the surface. Those who will attack are the wildest of the left-wing. But I think the vast majority of the left aren't THAT far gone.

Posts: 11376 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Bill Maher today reminds me of B Loom County in the 80s. Leans to the left, but isn't afraid to call out when anyone is acting foolish.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
I think he will survive it. Leftists dislike him because he won't go all in on their lunacy. He is still a lib but a fairly rational one, closer to the middle. I still don't think he has a clue about guns. I would love to take him shooting just once. But, for the most part, I don't hate him.

This sums it up for me. He is a little too smug to be entertaining to me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post