SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    College of W&M president to BLM "I don't deal in demands".
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

College of W&M president to BLM "I don't deal in demands". Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
It looks like W&M's president doesn't want to watch the Tribe go the way of those worthless fucks at Mizzou. I hope he doesn't back down.

From the article: President Reveley took issue with the nature of the group’s speech, suggesting that they try requests or suggestions instead of demands.

“I don’t deal in demands,” he said. “I don’t make demands of other people. I don’t expect to receive demands from people. I love to get suggestions, recommendations, strong arguments.”

The student activists weren’t pleased.

Link to article

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
About time somebody stood up to these thugs.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21842 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Wonderful!

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He will probably be out of a job by the end of the week. I mean, I sure as hell hope not, but you can't upset the thugs and snowflakes.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
It looks like W&M's president doesn't want to watch the Tribe go the way of those worthless fucks at Mizzou. I hope he doesn't back down.

From the article: President Reveley took issue with the nature of the group’s speech, suggesting that they try requests or suggestions instead of demands.

“I don’t deal in demands,” he said. “I don’t make demands of other people. I don’t expect to receive demands from people. I love to get suggestions, recommendations, strong arguments.”

The student activists weren’t pleased.....

From the article, here is the student response:

“This is what being censored looks like,” meeting attendee Erica West, a student coordinator at W&M’s Center for Student Diversity, said on Facebook after the meeting. “This is what white supremacy looks like. This is what patriarchy looks like. This is what condescension looks like. This is what being told ‘you, your issues and your life don’t matter’ looks like. THIS is why we say #BlackLivesMatter.”

So the W&M Pres says, in essence "lets sit down like responsible adults and discuss the problems, come up with solutions". And the BLM calls such to be white supremacy and censorship. Makes sense. The last thing BLM wants is to work like responsible adults, they much prefer to be spoiled brats.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
zero tolerance policy for racism? OK, you're all expelled.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"I don't deal in demands" is a good opener, but he should have finished with "I deal in lead" Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The last thing BLM wants is to work like responsible adults, they much prefer to be spoiled brats.

Because they are poorly educated, spoiled trash in the first place.

Their response to resistance, of any kind is to scream racism, xenophobia, etc, etc etc, ad nauseum.

I am heartened to finally see a college president actually standing up to these snowflake, uneducated and spoiled little assholes.

If I were president of a college and some of the students started this rioting, burning, destruction, etc any that could be identified would be summarily expelled!

And any so-called professor who instigates that shit would be gone as well.

I see it on the news way too often where some "professor" of some obscure "specialty" urges his/her students to do destructive shit.

Saw one on TV the other day. He had urged his students, in class, to do some illegal shit.

From what I saw, he barely spoke english or at least had a very heavy accent. Accent sounded like middle east.

Anyway, good for the college president. We need a mega ton more of them.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The article names Erica West as the ringleader for the "demands." Google produces this photo of the Social Justice Warrior:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30658 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
"I don't deal in demands" is a good opener, but he should have finished with "I deal in lead" Smile

Or

" ...IDGAF, my name's Dave!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Looks like she's trying to resemble Malcom X.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Never thought about "v" should be in the BLM name.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
If they want zero tolerance for racism, doesn't that include their "organization" which caters to blacks only?

The great thing about the internet is if these dumb assholes manage to pull their heads out of their asses one day, using Google to search their name to see what shit storms they caused should likely prevent them from any meaningful employment.

Posts: 13107 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who is paying for their education? If on scholarship I suggest kicking their butts out. If it's a prof out they go too. I hate my tax money paying for this type of kaka. I may be a bit cranky this am, I just sent in $1690 to the IRS!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is my Alma Mater.

Makes me proud.

ETA: just sent the President an email of support.

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If they don't like the answer he gave their stupid asses, they'd be beside themselves if I were in charge of that school. They'd be told to pack their shit and GTFO.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
“This is what being censored looks like,” meeting attendee Erica West, a student coordinator at W&M’s Center for Student Diversity, said on Facebook after the meeting. “This is what white supremacy looks like. This is what patriarchy looks like. This is what condescension looks like. This is what being told ‘you, your issues and your life don’t matter’ looks like. THIS is why we say #BlackLivesMatter.”

No dear, this is what spoiled entitled idiots who don't understand the way the world works look like Roll Eyes

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
The article names Erica West as the ringleader for the "demands." Google produces this photo of the Social Justice Warrior:

This picture, her with a head of potted plant,
is worth more than a thousand words. LOL

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4574 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good for William & Mary.

And the attempt to call not considering demands racist in and of itself is so clumsy that it should fall flat with any rational person. I know that many of these protesters are not rational.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post