SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Historical figures you’d like to spend a day with?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Historical figures you’d like to spend a day with? Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
In order of first to last deceased:

One of the Sumerian Kings was said to have lived for 43200 years. Bet he'd have some stuff to say.

Samuel Clemens - I'm sure we'd have a few laughs.

Tesla - so I could tell him to not take any of Edison's crap.

Posts: 7506 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Hernan Cortes and Moctezuma II. Too many to list, really. But those two could clear some stuff up.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Pythagoras of Samos, the Ionian Greek philosopher.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, to make a slight thread drift, I remember that Steve Allen (hope you remember him) had a weekly show on tv where each week there would be different famous people sitting at a round table having fabulous discussions on many topics. It was a great show but did not last long sad to say. I think it was in the late 50's or early 60's. Can't remember the name or network. Steve was a fascinating and talented person.
Ha! it was 1981 and called Meeting of Minds. Nat as far back as I thought!

Posts: 542 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Jesus is the most obvious and desirable so I'll list three other historical figures I think it would be a hoot to hang out with for a day:
1. Ben Franklin
2. Richard Feynman
3. Ernest Hemingway (if he's anything like his character in Midnight in Paris, otherwise...)
Runner-ups: Claude Monet or Plato

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a day brightener, my choices would be:
1.) Robin Williams
2.) John Belushi
3.) Chris Farley
Wild Card) John Candy

Posts: 430 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6409 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
George Harrison
Richard Nixon
George Patton

Posts: 842 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Moe
Larry
Curly
Shemp

It's 2020 I need to laugh.

Posts: 2846 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
In light of the 2020 Covid-craziness and the election, my first choice would be Will Rogers. He might have some choice things to say about everything.

For a historical perspective on the founding of America, the Constitution, and the dangers we face ahead, I’d go with Alexander Hamilton.

And the third would come from the group of Abraham Lincoln(60%), Isaac Asimov(25%), Art Buchwald(10%), and maybe Fritz Leiber(5%).

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2166 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thomas Jefferson and John Adams

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the band Metric has it correct, in their song, Breathing Underwater. "You should never meet your heroes". You will likely be very disappointed...our heroes are US! You go to meet Marilyn Monroe, she had something with garlic in in for lunch. To make matters worse, she's got something stuck in her teeth.

If I had the opportunity, I think I would simply like to observe, from afar. Not like a creep though Wink

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Lots of repeats on here.

Jesus
George Washington
Ben Franklin
Ronald Regan
Donald Trump
George Patton

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10994 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
No politicians.

Frank Sinatra
Dean Martin
Sammy Davis Jr.

...and not during the day. Nightime.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Jefferson & Madison

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post