SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Historical figures you’d like to spend a day with?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Historical figures you’d like to spend a day with? Login/Join 
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
Without a lot of thinking my choices would be:

Confucius
Sun Tzu
Carl Philipp Gottfried von Clausewitz
Julius Caesar
Genghis Khan
Leonardo Da Vinci

You can call them a strange mix

Posts: 1896 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Benjamin Franklin
Edgar Allen Poe
George Washington
Auguste Escoffier
George Patton
Ronald Reagan

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Genghis Khan

I actually though about him as well. Assuming he wouldn’t go all murdery on me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Genghis Khan

I actually though about him as well. Assuming he wouldn’t go all murdery on me.
My cousin Nancy (a hard-core Democrat) says I'm to the right of him. (She's left of Teddy Kennedy.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Meriwether Lewis, General Doolittle, Winston Churchill

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5237 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
1. Jesus of Nazareth
2. Miyamoto Musashi
3. Bruce Lee

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16954 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Teddy Roosevelt

General John S. Mosby

Butch Cassidy

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11889 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harry S Truman.

Erwin Rommel.

Robert E. Lee.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Capt Bill McDonald, Texas Ranger
Frank Hamer
Alvin York
Teddy Roosevelt

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4373 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Winston Churchill

Niccolò Machiavelli

Yamamoto (not for a plane ride, though)

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3633 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Christ.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Well, I got over the minimum 3 Wink

Founders: Franklin, Washington, Madison, Hamilton, Jefferson

Generals: Guderian, Patton, Rommel, Hannibal, Alexander, Belisarius, Julius Caesar, Lee, Thomas, Hindenberg, Ludendorff

Thinkers: Rand, Descartes, Epictetus, Aristotle, Plato, Newton, Edison, Darwin, Da Vinci, Archimedes

Other: Lincoln, Churchill, Bismarck, Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain), Shakespeare

Posts: 15157 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, of course, my Lord Jesus Christ. But, the Bible tells me I'm gonna spend eternity with him in the near future, so maybe I ought to spread it out a bit.

So, William Boyd, Hopalong Cassidy. I'd like to tell him how much pleasure he has brought me over the last six or so decades.

George O'Brien, an actor that was also a decorated WWI Naval stretcher bearer with the Marines, the light heavyweight champ of, IIRC, the Pacific Fleet, served in WW1, WW2, Korea and Viet Nam. A man's man and I'd like to thank him, too. He's given me many hours of pleasure with his movies.

Lastly, Roy Rogers, a very good man, and his hobby was trapshooting (mine, too). Shooting a few rounds with him would be great fun.

Bob

Posts: 1678 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Jesus Christ

Friedrich Der Grosse

President Ronald Reagan

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1690 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin, et al: the founding fathers.

How do that many wealthy, successful, uber-brilliant, iron-willed men all converge together at one point in time, willing to trade their comfortable lifestyles away for a grand experiment that could have cost them their lives and everything they owned?

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure how historical or famous they need to be...

My mom. She died when I was 22. I would love to tell her all about the last 24 years. I would trade two hours of her time for the 72 hours I could have with the following (assuming there are no language barriers):

Charles Schwab
Julius Caesar
Jack Ruby

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Teddy Roosevelt

Ronald Reagan

Carlos Hathcock

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37195 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
Gaston Glock
Adolf Hitler
Sun Tzu (I’m reading his book right now)
Soichiro Honda
Nicky Hayden
Ho Chi Minh
Theodore Roosevelt
Barry Sheene
Robin Williams
Donald Trump
Walter Kaaden
Ernst Degner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Plato

Thomas Jefferson

Howard Hughes.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neil Armstrong. He knows the truth!

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post