SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Pressure Washer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Pressure Washer Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
So a paid a little extra than I could have if I had gone to Costco. I think it was worth it. I'm very impressed with the construction. The pump housing is all metal and it has the Honda GX engine instead of the GC. No damage during shipping, and it started right up after I added the included crankcase oil and RTFM. I have the 50ft hose installed and the 31" wand on its way.

It's got a lot of power. I neglected to properly lock down the black, low-pressure nozzle on the first try, and it launched the damn thing like a musket ball. Luckily, instead of pointing it at my Tacoma or tractor, I was pointing it out into the yard at the time...just in case. I did find it, by the way. Smile

And yes, I know it's a bit late (and pitch black outside) to be dicking around with a pressure washer outside, but my neighbor is still blaring 24/7 music out of his goddamn stable and I just got the thing unboxed. Merry Christmas to me.

I can't wait to clean some...stuff. Anything. Anyone have any really dirty kids or pets??

Let's...get...dangerous.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I love having a legit pressure washer. I have had mine for 20 years and it's still kicking like new.

Don't be the guy that permanently etches a random pattern into the sidewalk or driveway with the red 0* tip. It has limited use other than getting something wet/knocking down something that's high up. Also could do some significant damage to extremities.

If you get freezing Temps where it will be stored, be sure to purge the water from the pump after use.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i basically have the same unit. Mine is badged "John Deere" and yes it is green. A very good, commercial unit. I have had mine for several years.

You will enjoy it. Should last a good long time.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I just bought a can of this today.

STA-BIL Pump Protector - Protects Pressure Washer Pump And Other Internal Components During Storage - Next Gen Anti-Freeze And Lubricant Formula, 4 oz. (22007) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N...GZFZQ3M3W768G5SJH35E

Not even sure if this is something that's needed, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
The garage is insulated and I haven't seen it drop below freezing, but I'm going to drain the pump anyway when it starts getting cold. I'm also planning on getting a can or two of the pump protector.

Oh, and the red tip is for defensive use only. Wink

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I’ve got a nearly identical unit from a few years ago. Haven’t used it a ton but it’s good when I need it. As others have said, be careful as the that evil black pressure washer can do some serious damage to feet, legs and other body parts. I usually see a decent injury from these things every couple years and sometimes it’s compounded by some detergent or other additive.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curious, what is the Costco item number , please ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I have one just like yours except a year older and it has worked perfect. I did get the turbo nozzle for cleaning my concrete patio and it was money well spent.

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
I just bought a can of this today.

STA-BIL Pump Protector - Protects Pressure Washer Pump And Other Internal Components During Storage - Next Gen Anti-Freeze And Lubricant Formula, 4 oz. (22007) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N...GZFZQ3M3W768G5SJH35E

Not even sure if this is something that's needed, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Good stuff! And so much easier to flush vs just the hand squeeze type bottles of pump protectant.

---------------------------------------------------

Congrats on your purchase! Simpson makes some great pressure washers! One purchase that made my 3125 complete was this...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Makes cleaning the concrete sidewalk and slab a breeze!

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm generally too cheap to spend what you did for a pressure washer, but I can sincerely appreciate the use of funds. My upper limit usually stops around $400 for one, and the one I have has met my needs.

That all said, yours looks fantastic and gives me a strong case of the "wannabuys."

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
i basically have the same unit. Mine is badged "John Deere" and yes it is green. A very good, commercial unit. I have had mine for several years.

Mine looks the same and says DeWalt on it. Wonderful unit that starts on the second pull every time. Don't burn any fake gas in it.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Don't burn any fake gas in it.
Mike

Hell no! I only use ethanol-free in my chainsaw, weed eater, hedge trimmer, lawn mower, and this.

quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Curious, what is the Costco item number , please ?

I didn't get it from Costco. It was actually Amazon: Simpson PS3228-S

quote:
Originally posted by jeeperxd:
I did get the turbo nozzle for cleaning my concrete patio and it was money well spent.

I saw that on Amazon. Can you describe using it? I was going to try this washer on my concrete patio. The damn chickens keep wandering onto it to look into my windows (creepy bastards) and shit all over it. I was debating between this nozzle and their surface cleaner.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A tool I've had on my list for a while & just haven't jumped on.
Actually contemplating electric, for the limited use(s) I have for it. Mainly for the driveway/sidewalks & some of the brick on the house.

Would be nice to use for the car as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Actually contemplating electric, for the limited use(s) I have for it. Mainly for the driveway/sidewalks & some of the brick on the house.

Honestly, maybe go electric. Maintaining fresh fuel, engine care, and the added noise is kind of a pain.

I got mine from my father in law, who has a really bad habit of buying things, using it once, neglecting maintenance, and then shoving it in a corner never to be used again. In any case, I feel like I would use mine more if I didn't feel like I was bothering the neighbors with the noise.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

I bought an electric Ryobi power washer earlier this year from Home Depot and for an electric model, it's a real beast and has worked phenomenally well for me:

Has really good ratings everywhere too:

2300 PSI 1.2 GPM High Performance Electric Pressure Washer

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:

One thing I was disappointed with my electric pressure washer was after purchasing I found a FAQ on their website that it's a 100 hour life pump. Turns out that's fairly typical for the Amazon and big box store brands. I wash my car with it every week, and once per year do the driveway and sidewalks (corner lot so lots of sidewalk). It's probably an 18 month to 2 year life if just use it myself (people always want to borrow it).

Pressure isn't everything as flowrate (i.e. gallons per minute) is an important factor since cleaning units is flowrate times pressure. I spent more money to purchase a high gpm electric and of course they're lying and Amazon lets it slide. On top of that, they lied about pressure (1400 vs 2000) and Amazon lets it slide. It works ok, but it's a lot more time to get driveway and sidewalk clean since its actual cleaning units is less than advertised.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Yours, plus the sidewalk accessory, was what had me thinking electric.

Apart from the car, it would see sporadic use, so I'd probably be ok.

I've got a corner lot too, so quite a bit of sidewalk (roughly 320' not including the walkway to the front door, and 2 street access 'ramps' & the 3 car wide [1000sq ft] driveway).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post