SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Homeowner's son shoots, kills three would-be burglars
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Homeowner's son shoots, kills three would-be burglars Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Ooops, wrong house

Three would-be robbers were shot and killed Monday when an Oklahoma homeowner's son opened fire on them with an AR-15, authorities said.

Wagoner County sheriff's deputies were called to the home in Broken Arrow, southeast of Tulsa at around 12:30 p.m. local time. When they arrived, they found the three dead suspects and two uninjured residents.

Sheriff's spokesman Deputy Nick Mahoney said the suspects enetered the home through a glass back door with the intent to burglarize it. It was not immediately clear why they picked that home.

Mahoney said the suspects encountered the homeowner's 19-year-old son, who opened fire after an exchange of words. Two of the suspects died in the home's kitchen while a third was found in the driveway.

It was not immediately clear whether the suspects were armed, but Mahoney said the preliminary investigation indicated the shootings were in self-defense. The homeowner's son volunteered to give a statement at the sheriff's office.

This is very, very unusual for us [in Wagoner County]," Mahoney told the Tulsa World. "It's not something we're used to."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...uld-be-burglars.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Goes to show the effective stopping power of a rifle ... all 3 DRT

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Good job kid,they are broke from that bad habit they had.
Que the they were just good children speech.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Three would-be robbers were shot and killed Monday when an Oklahoma homeowner's son opened fire on them with an AR-15, authorities said.

WOW Eek That is an eye-popping sentence. I did not expect to come across the word "AR-15". Kinda crept up on me by surprise.

Kudos to the kid for a fast judgement call. That is something you plan for, I'm thinking. The residents were lucky to be so armed.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Appears to be in broad daylight, pretty bold. Probably pretty aggressive too had they been given the chance.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Goes to show the effective stopping power of a rifle ... all 3 DRT

Big Grin Big Grin You don't want them to suffer.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope the kid had time to don some muffs. Ouch.

Great shooting, though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This article says:
quote:
It's also not clear why the home was targeted, but residents in the neighborhood say they've seen an increase in break-ins recently.

"Within the past six months we've had two or three burglaries out here," said Simmons.
So, it's not as uncommon as the first article says, and how much would you care to wager that the dead scum is responsible for those break-ins as well?

This article indicates a fourth suspect is facing burglary and murder charges.
quote:
Deputies say two of the suspects were 17 and the other was 18. They say one had a knife and another had brass knuckles.

Officials say a fourth suspect will face charges related to the incident.

The 21-year-old female, who deputies say was the getaway driver, will face first degree burglary charges and felony murder charges.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took down the whole crew.

Posts: 3593 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This article says:
quote:
It's also not clear why the home was targeted, but residents in the neighborhood say they've seen an increase in break-ins recently.

"Within the past six months we've had two or three burglaries out here," said Simmons.
So, it's not as uncommon as the first article says, and how much would you care to wager that the dead scum is responsible for those break-ins as well?

This article indicates a fourth suspect is facing burglary and murder charges.
quote:
Deputies say two of the suspects were 17 and the other was 18. They say one had a knife and another had brass knuckles.

Officials say a fourth suspect will face charges related to the incident.

The 21-year-old female, who deputies say was the getaway driver, will face first degree burglary charges and felony murder charges.

Time to go search some homes for some missing items… Sounds like there's three or four good suggestions right off the bat…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Babycakes thought she had it easy- just sit in the car and wait. Didn't work out, did it, shnookums? Now you're the only one left to take the blame and the shit is going to fall on you like rain.

Three counts of murder. Damn, girlie. You're done.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for their mugshots. No pun intended.

"A neighbor down the road said the gunshots sounded like a storm."

I think he did some rapid fire drills. Haha.

Posts: 1753 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Well let me see...
No one needs an AR-15,,,um, nope
AR-15's: not suitable for home defense,,,nope
Why don't people just call the police,,,nope
only weapons of war,,,nope
I could go on,,,still nope

Way to go kid. Bless you and your family, and sorry about the mess.

Posts: 6387 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I'd like to make a "Dinner Reservation" for 3...

Good to see you again John...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RANGER20,

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
According to this article, one of the dead shitbags was 16.

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ 15? That jr thug didn't get the time to turn his life around. Too bad...

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

Note to self: Don't bring brass knuckles to a gunfight.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
3 bad guys?

Maybe he got to try out Kyle Lamb's drill for such an event.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12324 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
"A neighbor down the road said the gunshots sounded like a storm."

I'll bet homeslice had something different in mind when he told his posse he was gonna make it rain.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Damn tweakers! Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post