SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    There’s a monster in the wall
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There’s a monster in the wall Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
If there's nothing to eat, he'll be dead soon enough. Then he'll stink eventually. As it's winter, and airflow will be from inside to outside. Eventually, you'll probably, or at least possibly, have to open the wall and sweep him out. Once he's dead, try to convince your wife he left.

Posts: 11392 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s why we always carried a small jar of Vicks vape-o-rub in our gear bag. Dab on upper lip took care of most dead body smells during my career.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah it works for short term removal of a dead body, but not for two weeks in an office. A Coastie told me about that years ago.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I imagine it forces them to pull which trips the trap. (Answer to purpose of cotton and peanut butter above)

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
So didn’t hear it much. So far haven’t heard it at all today. Maybe he got fed up and left.
Fingers crossed

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11294 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
I had a mouse get into the house somehow. He set up shop under the kitchen sink. I used one of the sticky mouse traps. It wasn't out more than an hour and we had the mouse. It will save you the time of baiting traps etc as the scent on the traps is quite effective and there is no escape once they are stuck.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1496 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So didn’t hear it much. So far haven’t heard it at all today. Maybe he got fed up and left.
Fingers crossed

^^^^^^^^^^^
Probably resting after a night of sex with Minnie. Busy making a litter.

Posts: 17252 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I can’t put a trap outside as this is the same area my big dumb German shepherd is in, and he most certainly will eat any bait or get stuck on a glue trap….or make friends with the monster and adopt it.
The pest control companies have made it so you can have rodent control, pets, and children/grandchildren.

Tamper proof bait stations are designed so that either traps or poison bait can be put inside. The tamper proof bait station has a lock in it, and two entrances. It keeps both dogs and kids out.

My neighborhood used to be 800 acres of pine forest so being one of the first constructed homes I've had to step up my pest control game. I'm very pleased with and recommend the Protecta Evo Ambush Bait Station . They're designed to fit either the Mini Rex Mouse Snap Trap or a larger version for rats. If you're going to put it on concrete, they make Load-N-Lock Bait Station Anchor system that holds two bricks (I have this in my garage bait station).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23297 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Fingers crossed

^^^^^^^^^^^
Probably resting after a night of sex with Minnie. Busy making a litter.

That is exactly how my live goes…

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11294 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if moth balls would drive him out.

War Eagle!

Posts: 129 | Location: Alabama | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago, during the first Fall season in our newly built home, my wife and I were awakened by noise above the drywall ceiling directly above our bed. In the early morning hours, it seemed as if some rodent demo team was trying to break into our bedroom. The next day I went up into the attic prepared to remove the nest and leave behind some traps and mothballs. I was armed with a flashlight and a can of wasp spray in case the rodent wanted to make a stand to defend his new home. I made my way from the access panel across the length of our home carefully balancing on the bottom chord of the roof trusses. I yanked the batt insulation up from the drywall ceiling and aimed the flashlight to light up ..... a white-faced hornet's nest under construction. My wife said that I sounded like a freight train scrambling across the ceiling and dropping down through the access panel.

So, keep an open mind when listening any noises in the wall. It could very well be what you expect....or not.

Posts: 283 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bkmooney:
I wonder if moth balls would drive him out.

Problem is catching enough moths to be effective.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post