SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NCAA Football Rivalry Weekend - The Iron Bowl, The Game, etc.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCAA Football Rivalry Weekend - The Iron Bowl, The Game, etc. Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
With this win, Purdue claims the Big Ten West and the Old Oaken Bucket. We’ll be playing in our first Big Ten Championship game.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
Two years in a row!

Posts: 754 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Two games made me very happy on Saturday. I was born in MI and lived there for 18 months, never to return... but I always have rooted for Michigan.
I DID got to Oregon State so that one was really great!
"Never underestimate the power of BEAVER"
(I finished at OSU in '68 and still don't know how to take THAT one...)

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I'm just happy the right Tennessee team showed up to play Vandy. Vandy looked to be improving.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Lots of upsets this weekend that makes college football fun. I was able to watch a little bit of the Oregon game (my old roommate at Purdue transferred to Oregon so slight personal connection), but didn't get to see the South Carolina game or the North Carolina State game.

Pretty amazing the Big Ten Championship teams decided by upsets:
  • Nebraska Cornhuskers beat Iowa Hawkeyes which allowed Purdue a shot which they took full advantage with decisive win over the Hosers.
  • University of Michigan Wolverines beat the Ohio State Buckeyes for the 2nd straight year. '99 and '00 were the last time UofM had back to back wns.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23257 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of vthoky
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by DonDraper:
    GO COCKS!!! WOooooOOoOooo!!!

Beamerball™ 2.0!! Big Grin

quote:
    Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
    I'm just happy the right Tennessee team showed up to play Vandy.

Ol' Smokey had plenty to happy-howl for last night. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Son of a son
    of a Sailor
    Picture of wxdave
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
    Well, if we can pull off a win against Florida’s Second Rate University then I’ll be a happy camper. Beating T A&M was great. Hopefully it is an “on week” for the Gators.

How did that work out for you?

--------------------------------------------
    Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    Wow, didn’t see it, but now I note that A&M soundly defeated LSU. You’d have to call that an upset.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post

Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    or Iowa, or ASU, or Texas

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Coin Sniper
    Picture of Rightwire
    posted Hide Post
    Apparently the forecast for Central Ohio on Saturday was for HAIL!

So much for the 8 point favorite win/cover. Is there a name for it when the underdog wins and almost triples the spread?

One might point out that Michigan won with their top running back, best Tight End, and top defensive player out with injuries.

Granted, Michigan struggled a bit with Illinois but OSU struggled with Maryland until the very end. Comparatively Michigan allowed fewer points .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rightwire,

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Altitude Minimum
    Picture of BOATTRASH1
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by wxdave:
    quote:
    Well, if we can pull off a win against Florida’s Second Rate University then I’ll be a happy camper. Beating T A&M was great. Hopefully it is an “on week” for the Gators.

Not too bad. We were on and off and we didn't give up. Why do you ask?

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Thank you
    Very little
    Picture of HRK
    posted Hide Post
    Go Big Blue!

Kentucky defeats Louisville 26-13, winning it's 4th consecutive Governors cup...

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Son of a son
    of a Sailor
    Picture of wxdave
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    Originally posted by wxdave:
    quote:

Not too bad. We were on and off and we didn't give up. Why do you ask?

Because I'm an FSU alum and wanted to return some ribbing. You guys have a ton of talent on that team for sure.

--------------------------------------------
    Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    thin skin can't win
    Picture of Georgeair
    posted Hide Post
    As an Auburn fan Saturday was not as painful as the shenanigans the two days after. Roll Eyes

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rightwire:
    Is there a name for it when the underdog wins and almost triples the spread?
    Yes, bragging rights for a year

I Am The Walrus
    posted Hide Post
    It's always a good day when Ohio state loses.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Altitude Minimum
    Picture of BOATTRASH1
    posted Hide Post
    W Dave. Oh, ok.

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    [quoteI]t's always a good day when Ohio state loses.[/quote]
    You a Michigan subway alum?

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Husband, Father, Aggie,
    all around good guy!
    Picture of HK Ag
    posted Hide Post
    I’ll just chime in here that the Aggies beat LSU again. We don’t have a trophy that I am aware of, the win is all we need.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post