SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weekend in Charlotte
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weekend in Charlotte Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
Our Son called us a couple of weeks ago to say he might have some free time this past weekend and invited us to come visit.

Little did we know it was the Saturday when UGA and Clemson played their opening game, two blocks from his apartment.

It reminded us of Game Day in Tuscaloosa.

We visited Devil's Logic Brewery for some beer Saturday evening.

Sunday we visited The National Whitewater Center and then had dinner at Haberdish.

We had breakfast with them Monday morning and then hit the road for the 9.5 hour trip home.

What a great weekend, seeing our Son and his girlfriend of 4+ years.

If you ever visit Charlotte, I highly recommend those places we visited.

The National Whitewater Center is an amazing place with so many things to do, ropes courses, zip lines, rick climbing, biking/hiking trails, whitewater rafting.

Those of you in the area, you are truly fortunate to have such an incredible facility in your city.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Glad you enjoyed the visit!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Had a road trip through Charlotte and only could stay for a few hours.

The NASCAR Hall of Fame was a good start. They had an exhibition from Roger Penske.

The Penske cars were the most impressive things in the whole building.

Would have liked the Whitewater Center if we had the time...

Posts: 9166 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
The whitewater center is, in my opinion, unquestionably the crown jewel in our Queen City.

I live a few miles from it and we have annual passes, probably go 5+ times most months for various activities.

I’m glad you got to have the experience!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post