SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texas World Speedway
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas World Speedway Login/Join 
If you don't crash, you
ain't tryin' hard enough
posted
Came here tonight to spend a night and ride the track tomorrow. First time here, and the track is it clearly past its prime, but still cool. I live close by the Texas Motor Speedway and the tracks are night and day.

Anyone been here in it's glory days? Anyone here this weekend? This is only my second track day and I am quite excited! I hear its a fast and bumpy ride..

------------------------------------------------------------------------"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

Posts: 470 | Location: N. TX | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Yep. Did a track day there about 10 years ago.
It is old. It is bumpy. It is still an amazing, grand old racetrack.
Are you using the road course which goes outside the oval on the backstretch and re-enters the oval?
We hit about 110-115 on the main straight: it is an abrupt transition coming off the front straight into the infield.
Have fun, be safe.

Posts: 3816 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Have a good friend who runs there regularly and with decent success. If you see a ratty looking Camaro tube frame in black named Scratcher dusting everybody in his class and above go introduce yourself to Paul. One of the best folks you'll ever meet!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12482 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
Yep. Did a track day there about 10 years ago.
It is old. It is bumpy. It is still an amazing, grand old racetrack.
Are you using the road course which goes outside the oval on the backstretch and re-enters the oval?

I did a track day about 20 years ago there and it was past its prime then. That was years before they added the road course outside the back stretch. I did see one guy wad a CBR 1100 (still had paper plates from the dealer) after he blasted past me. He was okay. The CBR was DOA with a bent frame. That was back when Honda was adopting linked brakes for their sport-tourers. Not great for use on a road race course.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8358 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Its a bit dangerous for bikes, unless they've changed it. We used to go out all the time at A&M (TAMSCC) and work corners, etc.

Posts: 5774 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post