SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tesla Charging Stations
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tesla Charging Stations Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's where I live but I have never seen one.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Along I95 between DC and NYC they have them at rest stops.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2713 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tesla will soon be bankrupt. They have a huge excess inventory at this point, and the government subsidy soon expires.

Posts: 17261 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Using their app, the trip I made often back to NJ that took 4 hrs almost to the minute now takes..

Duration: 5 h (260 mi).

That's also very optimistic as it routes the worst way. 260 miles is the very end of their range. Hills and cold weather would mean not making ut. Or being iut of juice at the end with the nearest charge station 5 miles away.

Their data is based on fantasy.

A proprietary charging station? What idiots.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5806 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

They installed them here in Wickenburg about two years ago. They're in the city hall parking lot. Three are marked (configured?) for Tesla vehicles only, and the other three can be used by any electric vehicle. I hardly ever see anyone using them.

Your tax dollars at work.

Posts: 27180 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On our visit to Nashville last week, I laughed as I saw saw 3 Teslas on the side of the road, empty. One sedan and two X models.

I was low on gas and was worried...until I saw a Shell station, and three more gas stations, around the next corner...oh well.

Posts: 724 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Many corporate type businesses in my area have the chargers in their parking lots, including my own.

CEO of my company went all in with Tesla and has the solar panels on the roof (biggest in PA), he drives a Tesla, and we have a bunch of chargers in out lot. (Musta got the package deal).

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Betamax.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Your tax dollars at work.

I was under the impression that Tesla footed the bill for them. Probably just for the stations alone, and perhaps the extra cost of running electricity to them, but there were certainly city employees involved in the trenching and other stuff necessary for the install.

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never having seen one up close, how is the uase billed? Is there a credit card charge or are the taxpayers footing the bill for the recharge?

An issue they have to deal with is the lack of highway taxes collected. they use the roads yet don't contribute to the Highway Trust fund that pays for many of the roadways.

I was interested in the Tesla Powerwall concept. total independence from the grip and even during power failures a six to seven day running of the house. Downside was the 60K cost, less install. Their number depend on large tax credits remaining in place for years.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

Posts: 5806 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Betamax .

LaserDisc

Fixed it for you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21142 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. MySpace.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I was on a business trip a few weeks back, and the hotel was near the beach so there was a shortage of parking in the hotel's lot. 2 prime parking spots were reserved for Teslas and 1 prime parking spot was reserved for other electric vehicles. The 3 electric vehicle parking spot had a big sign stating non-electric vehicles parked there would be towed. I checked in a Sunday and checked out Saturday morning, and only once was an electric vehicle parked there.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
There are a few installed at my gym. I always make a point of parking in those spaces with my Jeep.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I was on a business trip a few weeks back, and the hotel was near the beach so there was a shortage of parking in the hotel's lot. 2 prime parking spots were reserved for Teslas and 1 prime parking spot was reserved for other electric vehicles. The 3 electric vehicle parking spot had a big sign stating non-electric vehicles parked there would be towed. I checked in a Sunday and checked out Saturday morning, and only once was an electric vehicle parked there.

You've just gotta play their system.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
There's an 8 pos. recharger at The Fort in Big Timber MT. The last time I saw it, it was covered in six feet of snow. Apparently the plow didn't need it as much as he needed a place to stack snow.

Posts: 6514 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Developers get tax incentives to install charging stations. The ones I’ve seen tend to be on the outskirts of the strip mall parking lot.

To me Tesla is an in town car. Drive back and forth to work, pick up the kids, go out to diner and shopping. Anything under 200 miles is fine.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
40k for a town only car??? No me.

Probably great in cities were you'll never go over that in a day.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Betamax .

LaserDisc

Fixed it for you.

Maybe dial up streaming?

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Never having seen one up close, how is the uase billed? Is there a credit card charge or are the taxpayers footing the bill for the recharge?

An issue they have to deal with is the lack of highway taxes collected. they use the roads yet don't contribute to the Highway Trust fund that pays for many of the roadways.

I was interested in the Tesla Powerwall concept. total independence from the grip and even during power failures a six to seven day running of the house. Downside was the 60K cost, less install. Their number depend on large tax credits remaining in place for years.

Earlier owners get Supercharger access for life. Newer owners pay for it. The car is connected to Tesla via a built in cellular modem so I imagine they require a credit card to be on file. As for the fuel tax loss, I know some states charge a surcharge for EVs when you register.

They're cool cars but not useful unless you never go far and can charge at home. I'm on my way to Michigan and stopped for the night in Erie. My Grand Cherokee did that drive (530 miles) on one tank with the stops being made just long enough to use the bathroom or eat. It would take hours longer even in their highest capacity battery/model which also happens to cost way more than my Jeep did.

Posts: 2223 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post