SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tesla Charging Stations
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tesla Charging Stations Login/Join 
posted
Seem to be showing up in rural western America.
Saw one with 8 charging points and dedicated parking in Lusk Wyoming a month or so back.
Was at 'The' grocery store in Custer South Dakota yesterday and a 8 station Tesla charging unit was being wired in the area behind the store. Was in the area where the delivery trucks park while unloading next to the dumpsters, so wonder if Tesla drivers will mind?
Guess Tesla vehicles are coming next?

Jim

Posts: 1354 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scroll down to view. You will be a while at them cuz they're not fast.

Posts: 7687 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Its always funny to remind Tesla drivers of their coal powered cars or in Texas natural gas powered cars!

HK Ag

Posts: 3535 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Two station, at a Starbucks of course...Helena, MT.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:

I did. According to the Tesla Charging link, from Tucson to El Paso, TX, 330 miles, there are two charging stations and 30 minutes charging time required.

However, driving a a late model VW TDI I could make the entire drive to El Paso on less than a full tank of Diesel, and even 140 miles further to Van Horn TX.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
My wife and I looked at a Tesla last year...we go back to Savannah a lot so I plotted it out...would have to charge twice..

And this is I-95...what if there are already 8 Tesla’s there? Not like I can just go to the next gas station

The other day I snapped a picture of Tesla mobile service on I-66 near DC....they use Ford vans...

Violates my rule anyway...anything that costs more than $50k has to come with a toilet...

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
driving a a late model VW TDI I could make the entire drive to El Paso on less than a full tank of Diesel,

That's the thing... your vehicle is already very efficient. It gets great mileage and you don't have to worry about range.

There may be a place for electric cars someday, but what bothers me most about Tesla is all of the taxpayer subsidies they have received. If it's going to succeed it should be by convincing people to buy the product on its own merit, not because you get a $7500 tax credit.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24644 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I think you get 30 min or so for free. If you want to camp out on one, you start getting charged after awhile.

They are placing them in strategic locations from point to point, not necessarily based on local population. That’s why there’s one in Hawthorne, NV. Halfway between Reno and LV.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8279 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The ones in back by the loading docks might be in preparation for Tesla Trucks.

I certainly like the sound of the Semis they make over conventional semis.

https://youtu.be/dP0vIH8r-tE

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I ran across one in the little town of Shamrock TX last year. I was surprised.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw some in West Yellowstone, MT yesterday.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:

I did. According to the Tesla Charging link, from Tucson to El Paso, TX, 330 miles, there are two charging stations and 30 minutes charging time required.

However, driving a a late model VW TDI I could make the entire drive to El Paso on less than a full tank of Diesel, and even 140 miles further to Van Horn TX.

Might want to check the wind forecast before making that bet! If you're running into a headwind in West Texas, it can drop the gas mileage pretty quick.... (Voice of experience....)

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3350 | Location: Grapevine TX/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruby Tuesday in Brewer, ME has them...looks like you could fit 10 or so at at time.

I haven't seen a TESLA north of Boston(unless you count the time I saw them open for REO Speedwagon on the Waterfront here in Bangor a few years ago).

Posts: 724 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

The ones at malls are super fast chargers. We install the home ones. The Tesla people go forums to brag about miles per hour. The more juice you give them the faster (higher mile per hour) they charge. My last customer paid an extra $500-600 to up the amperage for bragging rights, I guess.

Pain in the ass to install them. All other cars use pretty much standard stuff. Not Tesla, they need to be special.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UpTheIrons
posted Hide Post
There's one at the Burger King in Holbrook, Az too.

“I used to be totally into Steve Vai and Joe Satriani and other shredders, and I tried to emulate what they did and really grow as a guitarist,” Mr. Hanneman said in “Louder Than Hell.” “Then I said, ‘I don’t think I’m that talented, but more important, I don’t care.’ ”

Posts: 1728 | Location: Arizona Territory | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
Its always funny to remind Tesla drivers of their coal powered cars or in Texas natural gas powered cars!

HK Ag

Ha! That's what I call them. I also remind the drivers of the carbon footprint required to mine all the rare earth elements that go in the batteries. I've seen studies that show electric cars have a net larger carbon footprint than IC engine cars. Not sure how accurate they are, but I bet it's a close contest. Close enough that there is no way electric cars are going to do anything to save the planet.

Posts: 6084 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
the movie theater I usually go to has them here.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I've always joked that I wanted a Tesla or a plug-in Prius with a trailer hitch. Build a little utility trailer with a coal fired generator on it and run a charging cable from it to the car. Make sure that it billows the most dirty absolute blackest smoke possible.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11890 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With my tablet, my cellphone, my I-pod, my Samsung watch, my 600 lumen flashlight, my Dewalt drill, my handheld tire inflator, I don't need one more thing in my life that requires re-charging, much less my automobile.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

They installed them here in Wickenburg about two years ago. They're in the city hall parking lot. Three are marked (configured?) for Tesla vehicles only, and the other three can be used by any electric vehicle. I hardly ever see anyone using them.

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post