SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How bacon is made!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How bacon is made! Login/Join 
posted
I thought this was great! Bon appétit!

Going to order some next paycheck.

https://bentonscountryhams2.com/

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Good video. I honestly don't know if our stores carry that brand but I will be looking for it, I can tell you that.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5055 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. I’ll be a few bucks lighter shortly. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
We have Benton’s here in our area (Nashville) and man is it good!! Pricey,Salty and lovely!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
Benton’s bacon and their country ham is the best! They make it the way my grandfather made it. No chemicals, just salt, sugar, time, and smoke.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Looks fantastic, wonder how much it is to ship?

Posts: 22953 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Sheee-IT!
Their hams are half the price of Smithfield, and probably better. Smile

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Let's find out... ship me some! Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13526 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Hmm...that was sliced pretty thickly.

Almost "ham" thick. Razz

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17308 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Cool. These folks are located in Madisonville TN (population ~ 4700) where I attended the 2nd grade and lived next door to Judge Sue K. Hicks, made famous by:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/WOHPuY88Ry4

Gonna order me some bacon and maybe a ham.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15491 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Loved the video.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Comments say $50 for four pounds. I had it in my cart at $32, but not for $50.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20848 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Benton's Bacon caught my attention a few years ago when a Sigforumite posted the best bacon review of all time:
quote:
If you have an enemy, somebody that you would really like to do something that will ruin their life. If this person loves Bacon, I mean really loves Bacon....then send him/her a pound of this stuff. At first is will seem as if you have done him/her a major solid, that you are attempting to bury the hatchet.... but then ....the pound will be quickly gone....and he/she is going to have to go back to that stuff they call Bacon at the Grocery Store.... he/she will be standing on the Bacon aisle at the store, looking for something comparable to Benton Bacon.... there is nothing comparable to Benton Bacon...and in that moment of frustration and longing...they will know...what you have done to them....you will have ruined them forever for being able to enjoy the readily available stuff. Then they know that you were indeed buried the hatchet.....in their back."
I haven't tried it yet, but I have a childhood friend that lives 20 miles from there and says it's awesome.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23332 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Cool. These folks are located in Madisonville TN (population ~ 4700) where I attended the 2nd grade

I'm a frequent visitor of their place in Madisonville. They don't only do pig. I get my steaks from them too!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post.
Now I am hungry.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the video. This brand is a new one to me, but I love smoked meat(have/use a smoker), and who doesn't like great bacon??

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I had to look up 'nitrates'. Guilt-free bacon, indeed! Benton's!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
No way am I going to order any of that bacon. No way! I'm too easily prone to addictions to good and expensive food items. I love the bacon I get at a local butcher/delicatessen that is dry cured and cold smoked with no shipping involved. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Comments say $50 for four pounds. I had it in my cart at $32, but not for $50.

I bit the bullet and ordered it anyway, yeah pricy with shipping but what the heck. The real plus it is less than 1.5 hrs from the house. I see a day trip in my future.

Posts: 3854 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh wow, that looks so tasty.
Good thing Jim just ordered some for us.
Smile

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post