SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How bacon is made!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How bacon is made! Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turning_gal:
Oh wow, that looks so tasty.
Good thing Jim just ordered some for us.
Smile

NOT!! Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
i've had bacon from most all the big name purveyors including Nueske's. My go to for several years has been Burger's Smokehouse. I buy slabs (Whole Slab Bacon 11-13 lbs. de-rind @ $89.99). Smile Their prices include shipping and are not as outrageous as Benton's, Nueske's, and others.

They also use a dry cure without chemicals:
"Somewhere down the line, we had the idea to use our age-old family recipe on bacon. And we knew we were on to something. Our Dry Cured Country Bacon is cured with our mixture of salt, brown sugar and pepper, then slow-smoked over natural wood chips...never adding any water. Because who wants to cook water with their bacon?"
https://www.smokehouse.com/bacon/country-bacon.html

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/V27l_tZmFxs

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16260 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
They also use a dry cure without chemicals:
"Somewhere down the line, we had the idea to use our age-old family recipe on bacon. And we knew we were on to something. Our Dry Cured Country Bacon is cured with our mixture of salt, brown sugar and pepper, then slow-smoked

In the end, it’s only money and then you die. Then the people who get your money will spend it to buy something like this outrageous bacon. Thanks bald1, I’m a gonna need to order some of this for a taste test comparison between Benton’s. Totally scientific evaluation.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
I’m a gonna need to order some of this for a taste test comparison between Benton’s. Totally scientific evaluation.

Stay with the original country smoked variety for your comparo! Big Grin Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16260 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
How bacon is made!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
How bacon is made!

You are a bad man Monkey, a very bad man. Big Grin

Posts: 6926 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post