SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stare Dept. Ban on imports of Russian Ammo & Arms?!?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stare Dept. Ban on imports of Russian Ammo & Arms?!? Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
Any other news on this.
Online shops are already reacting.

https://www.tacticalshit.com/b...n-ammo-and-firearms/

RobSki posted this up on his page.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
Right there on the State Department's news releases. On a Friday. Fuck those guys.

Posts: 1537 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hoo, boy. They've already banned just about every Russian firearm except shotguns and .22s; my worry is the ongoing supply of cheaper steel-cased ammo.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Can we import American arms from Afghanistan?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43903 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Can we import American arms from Afghanistan?

Mexico’s closer.

AStan probably has better stuff overall though.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Query: Where else do they make steel-cased ammo? We may be flat out of luck on 5.45, but there's going to be a healthy market here for steel-cased 7.62x39 for a long time to come.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much of a hit will the Russian Gov take over this? Nothing at all. This is just an easy way for the Feds to enact some gun control over us peasants without much notice being taken by the media/gen pop

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Wolf Gold is manufactured in Taiwan so that helps I suppose...

May another manufacturer will step up and take the steel-cased market.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6324 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Obama banned Russian primers. The Wolf primers were great for reloading. We have a huge shortage of primers right now.

Posts: 12697 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Shit, even Russian stuff is now made in China. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107631 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Shit, even Russian stuff is now made in China. Roll Eyes

Now wait right there good sir, are you saying Taiwan is China? You'll offend tens of people.

Posts: 6324 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Why? It's Free China.

posted Hide Post
Taiwan...rockin' in the ROC.

Wolf Gold is good stuff, btw. Made to western standards, not like the steel case Russian loads designed to wear out rifling three times faster.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Taiwan...rockin' in the ROC.

Wolf Gold is good stuff, btw. Made to western standards, not like the steel case Russian loads designed to wear out rifling three times faster.

If I can save 50$/k or more on my ammo and shoot the snot out of my 400$ PSA AR...I'm okay with it. You can manufacturer it in Ghana for all I care, so long as it goes bang every time, which several thousand rounds of steel case wolf have for me.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Move the factory to former Russian combloc countries.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
I apparently am not "destined" to get any more 7.62x39 lol Frown Frown Mad

I just posted Tuesday looking for somewhere to get a bunch for a family and friends range day. Got a good recommendation and looked like plenty in stock. Was going to do my shopping this weekend..... they are now out of stock Mad Frown

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness I just got 500 rounds of 7.62 in payment for something the other day. Roll Eyes

Shit's all gone. Was trying to snag 5.45, since that's what will really be difficult to source now.

At any rate, Hornaday used to have a line of steel cased 5.45, but there's no way in hell we'll see that in the market anytime soon.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Glad I didn't invest in commie guns minus the Mosin.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7072 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thanks, Mr. Brightside. 7.62x39, at least, is still available from a number of sources.
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Hornaday used to have a line of steel cased 5.45

They bought the steel cases from Russia and loaded them here. At least their 5.45 brass cases are still in the lineup, and the 5.45 VMAX bullets should still be around.

OTOH, I'm hoping the Romanians can still crank up their steel-cased 5.45 production machinery from the bad ol' days.