SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Overpaying on Auctions Sites
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Overpaying on Auctions Sites Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A long time ago you could occasionally find a good deal on eBay or GB but that quickly went away. Every thing is over bid now, especially on GB. The starting bids are usually close to what guns sell for new. I go straight to buy now and ignore everything else.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3524 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
...Every thing is over bid now, especially on GB. ....

Everything is priced high these days, everywhere, not just Gunbroker. Check out autotrader and Boatrader.

Some folks have more time and money, what with Covid. When you quit spending money on restaurants and foreign travel, you can canoodle on the internet, and get what you want. Who cares if it costs more now than two years ago?

I have bought a bunch of stuff on Gunbroker, but I loose dozens of auctions for each one I win. I haven't bought anything over the past two years though, except a couple of magazines.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I follow several makes/models on BaT. There’s an interesting development the last couple of months. Bidders are NOT overpaying for many of the cars. The cars are not meeting the reserve in many cases, and they go unsold. That tells me that bidders have reevaluated and lowered their maximum bids, but sellers haven’t yet accepted the idea that their car is worth less than they thought. Maybe a person can expect to make a purchase acceptable to both buyers and sellers in the not too distant future.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
When I go on Ebay for something, I only highlight the "buy it now" option so I can avoid the whole bidding thing. Its just less hassle.

This is the only way I do ebay. I'm patient and send reasonable offers where possible to get an item for significantly less than anywhere else. Another way to is to put in your max bid and leave it alone. Every once in a while you will luck out.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post