SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elizabeth Warren releases her DNA test results
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Elizabeth Warren releases her DNA test results Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
It is amazing how stupid politicians think Americans are.

Of course, most people will only read the headlines "DNA proves Warren is Native American"

BUt anyone who reads any further can see what a silly claim this is. The examiner is hardly a qualified geneticist or DNA expert. The test did not even compare her DNA to Native American DNA but to samples that may have been the distant point of origins of several Native American tribes.

And at the end of the day we are left with an unproven chance that Warren might be as much as a third of a percent Native American.

And she wants to run around waving this test in the air to prove she's an Indian?

Posts: 6065 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Saw this on Reddit

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4337 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Is Prof Bustamente related to that commie asshole Cruz Bustamante who finished 2nd to Schwarzenegger after California recalled Gov Davis?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23314 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Is Prof Bustamente related to that commie asshole Cruz Bustamante who finished 2nd to Schwarzenegger after California recalled Gov Davis?

Possibly, 6-10 generations back...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10954 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Hell that far back I was related to a Viking king. What do I win?

Posts: 4040 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Who the fuck cares? She could be descended from Sacajawea and Stitting Bull and 100% Indian, and she'd still be a GDC.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
1/32=.03125%
1/1024=.00097%

Lady, you’re white.

Actually, that should be 3.125% and 0.097% respectively. Doesn’t change the “you’re white” statement though. Heck, I have the same family folklore and am 0.2%. The number of times I’ve claimed Native American heritage? Zero.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Who the fuck cares? She could be descended from Sacajawea and Stitting Bull and 100% Indian, and she'd still be a GDC.

I think you are missing the point that she sought preferential treatment based on her racial heritage:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...er-dna-test-n2528532

Massachusetts Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren on Wednesday sought to explain her controversial decision to list herself as a Native American in a directory of law professors for nearly a decade before getting a job at Harvard Law School and said she is absolutely qualified for her job.

Republican Sen. Scott Brown's campaign last week accused Warren of "participating in Harvard's diversity sham" by allowing the school to list her as a minority.

More:

A law school directory where Elizabeth Warren touted her Native American roots in the late 1980s and early 1990s once served as a tip sheet for administrators looking to identify and hire minority professors, according to a former chairman of the American Association of Law Schools.

Posts: 12737 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post