SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bluetooth earbuds for iPhone X - any recommendations?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluetooth earbuds for iPhone X - any recommendations? Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted
I listen to talk radio and podcasts when walking the dog and doing light work outside. I only put one of the earbuds in usually, as I want to hear my surroundings. Currently I'm using the plug-ins that came with the phone, but they are a pain, and my dog snags and unplugs the wire at least once a day, when we play.

I like the idea of two earbuds wired together, so I can leave one around my neck and tucked into my collar, and remove the other one from my ear when I want to have both ears open.

Any suggestions for BT buds, wired together, that allow for decent ambient sounds to be heard? Sound quality isn't important, other than volume, as I'll be using these exclusively for voice, not music.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I’m interested too. I tried some really well reviewed BT earbuds from Amazon that were $14.99 and just returned them as they were unreliable.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No recommendations but here are some I'd stay away from. I've tried a few of the popular Amazon models that are sub $30 and while they've worked for a while I've gone though several pair now. Taotronics, Mpow and SoundPeats are all brands I've had problems with. Either they fall apart or just stop working under normal wear and tear.

I'm also interested in positive recommendations as I just threw another cheap pair away after the battery stopped working within a year.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’m trying to hold out for Apple AirPods II. Rumored to be noise canceling, and with a recharging case that itself is recharged wirelessly. But it now looks as though it’ll be a long wait.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
As I'm now on my fourth set on blue tooth headphones (2 neck brace with magnetic ear buds, one with over the ear hangers(Taiyronics); each "wired" as you say), there really is no question about the best: Apple Airbuds. They do not have the "wire" you require, but they are, without a doubt, the beat ear buds you can buy. Pricey, yes, but the first three pair of headphones listed could have bought the Apple's and saved me headaches.

I use mine for running and I'm a terribly heavy sweater, but these things are great. Plus, the sound is better than any other.

Additionally, with the X, they just pair so easily.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
AirPods are by far the best. I’m sure someone makes a tethering strap for them so they will
Be “wired together”

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Not going to claim they are the best, but the Jaybird Bluebuds I use have survived working in the yard every week, even in driving rain storms, and everything in between. They also sound pretty darn good doing it.

I'd recommend the Jaybird X2's over the newer X3's given the X3's require a proprietary charging cradle, while the X2's charge via a standard microUSB cable.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
For only $30, these Soundpeats have been great for me the past couple years.

link

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've got a pair of phaiser BHS-760 that I'm really pleased with.

But, they're more like a 'noise-cancelling' type. With both in, they pretty well insulate you from outside sounds.
They do come with multiple earbud pads, so maybe you could 'tune' them to allow for more outside ambient noise.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I've bought a couple pairs of BT headphones off Woot, at major discount, the sound is good enough for listening to music while running the lawn equipment and blocks out the noises of the two stroke, weedeater, etc. Generally they have a mic that allows me to take/make phone calls.

Generally they run from $15 to $20 a pair, they are linked so you dont' have those single ear pieces that ride in your ear that can fall out,
and with these if one pops out you won't lose it.

YMMV however for me it's not that important to have superior noise cancelling hi fidelity super top level concert hall music quality on a set of ear phones I'm going to wear working sweating and exposed to heat etc. These offer decent sound quality, bass and some have controls for switching songs etc.

Heres and example of a pair similar to what I bought, I get two pairs, just in case one takes a dive, I have a backup. So far the last set I bought has lasted 3 years...

https://electronics.woot.com/o...cnt_lnd_cat_elec_3_4

There are several options, some higher end, you just have to watch daily.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Treblab N8s have been holding up well. Good sound and good fit. They come with 3 sizes of wings and buds. I saw a facebook ad for $17 and picked up 2.

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I've got a pair of phaiser BHS-760 that I'm really pleased with.

But, they're more like a 'noise-cancelling' type. With both in, they pretty well insulate you from outside sounds.
They do come with multiple earbud pads, so maybe you could 'tune' them to allow for more outside ambient noise.

I too have a pair of phaiser bluetooth heaphones and like them very much. The noise cancelling foam inserts work great when cutting the lawn. Mine were $30 on Amazon.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Beats X's and I use at Gym, home and walking for both music and podcasts.

I will also add that I use the Comply Foam tips and I would not do it any other way after discovering these

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
AirPods are by far the best. I’m sure someone makes a tethering strap for them so they will
Be “wired together”

This. I’ve had mine since they came out and they haven’t missed a beat. A good tether if needed: https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-...words=airpods+tether

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How would you feel about a set of Apple Airpods if I were to do an instant Karma to you?

I recently got hearing aids, and the two just don't jive. Email in my profile if interested, all I ask is that if you don't care for them, you re-Karma them on this site.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
AirPods are truly great. Expensive...yes, but truly great.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used the Bose Soundsport Wireless quite extensively for quite some time. They aren't cheap, but they are excellent!

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
How would you feel about a set of Apple Airpods if I were to do an instant Karma to you?

I recently got hearing aids, and the two just don't jive. Email in my profile if interested, all I ask is that if you don't care for them, you re-Karma them on this site.

What a generous offer! I'd be a fool to not take you up on it. I'll email you my info. My email addy will begin with "russbro".

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Awesome offer! The OP will love them. They are the best for phone calls too.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Once again proving the awesome members of SigForum.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post