SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else seeing serious shipping/delivery delays?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else seeing serious shipping/delivery delays? Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted
Most of my online orders are with Amazon Prime and I get them very quick in the expected timeframe. Just lately I have three orders taking longer than expected.

One order is for a replacement pair of sunglasses frames. I ordered them 6 days ago and they still have not shipped. This was not via Amazon.

Second order was from NewEgg for a new hard drive. It shipped via UPS and shows that 5 days ago it was transferred to USPS in my small city yet I have not received it and it shows no further movement. I will have to check with USPS to see why it has been sitting with them for 5 days.

Third order is for a Ring camera via Amazon, but they did not offer Prime Delivery. It has been 7 days since order and it still hasn’t even shipped when they had plenty in-stock.

Seems odd and just wondering if others are experiencing these type of issues.

ETA: This is in regards to small online orders. I have had to wait 6 months for a washing machine.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We're lucky here in that we have both a huge Amazon fulfillment center and an Amazon large item fulfilment center and they just opened the second Amazon air fulfillment depot nation wide here as well. The longest delivery date has been 3 days max. Usually 1 to 2 days is the norm.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Yeah anything I order from Amazon with Prime gets delivered crazy fast. I haven’t ordered something outside of Amazon or Amazon Prime in a very long time, but now that I have they seem to be taking FOREVER!!!

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked it is on a container ship waiting to get into LA harbor. Don't worry Biden said he would fix it.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I ordered a set of reloading dies from Tennessee. It took them 10 business just to ship it. Their website says it takes 6 to 8 business days to ship

If you have inventory you are slammed. If you don’t have inventory you are screwed.

UPS got it to me in 2 days.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Some companies have a policy of underpromising and overdelivering when it comes to delivery times, and may have simply altered their delivery dates to accommodate that. I haven't ordered much recently, but deliveries from a couple of companies have shown up right on time or a day or two early.

Wild guess: it may have to do with how available something is to the vendor. Based on pre-Kung Flu experience, those two companies had to actually have the products they sold me on hand to get them to me as quickly as they did.
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Yeah anything I order from Amazon with Prime gets delivered crazy fast. I haven’t ordered something outside of Amazon or Amazon Prime in a very long time, but now that I have they seem to be taking FOREVER!!!

That may depend on what they have in the local warehouse (I think there's one near you). Stuff I've ordered through Amazon (books, digestive stuff for the cat) still shows up a day or two before promised.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I'm in supply chain. The crunch started in Mar 2020 with shipping prices going up especially for air shipments. And I'm talking starting $300 surcharges and rising daily.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19649 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen any significant increase in delivery times from UPS or USPS. I ordered some magazine pouches from Esstac late Thursday evening and they showed up in my mailbox today (Saturday). FedEx is another story completely, they've been horrible lately. To the point that I've started ordering from different sources even if the price is a bit higher, to avoid those that use FedEx shipping.

I have been seeing longer than normal delays in shipping on the suppliers' side. Things that usually take a couple days to be shipped out are taking up to a couple of weeks, in one particular case nearly a month. I figure that's due to the suppliers having the same trouble getting parts and materials from their sources, so I don't blame them. But it is annoying just the same.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
I ordered parts for a go kart on July 8th and as of Friday, the order still hasn't shipped.

I called awhile back to find out where the hell my parts are, and was told that one part on the order was out of stock, and my order would ship as soon as they had it. The rep I spoke with was honest and told me he could not honestly tell me when they would have all the parts I ordered.

This is a go kart I'm fixing for someone else (as in, getting paid to do it), and if I didn't know the man I'm fixing it for, I would have cancelled the order and got my money back a long time ago.

In the mean time, I'm out a little over 80 bucks in parts. If this keeps going much longer, I will cancel the order, get a refund for what I paid, and tell the guy I can't get the parts to fix it.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I have not noticed any delays, either at work or at home.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2838 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
I have some ammo coming from Knoxville Tenn via UPS stuck in Oklahoma City. Was supposed to be in this last Thursday, then postponed to Friday and then today. Nope not here yet. Got email update saying still in Oklahoma City, check for status tomorrow. Got stuff coming in from Track of the Wolf in Minnesota that should be here by Monday. Will see how that goes.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I need to replace my recliner. A minimum of six months before delivery for the three models I’m interested in buying.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
We just built a home near Branson, MO. Transitioning from full time RVing for 8 years to half time RVer means little or no furniture. We ordered furniture that was claimed as available meaning they have it at the distribution center in Denver. They said three weeks for delivery. LOL after no scheduled date for delivery I called and was told they are at the mercy of the Truck delivery and can’t tell when they will be in. So they are blaming it on the trucking industry.

It has been an experience to say the least. I tell my wife that we are starting a new minimalist design concept as the bag chairs in the living room are going to be the new rage! I don’t think she’s buying it!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Amazon has been weird for me in the past few months. I work in South Carolina (near Augusta GA), so spend most of my time there. But home is New Mexico. I order something Amazon Prime, it takes a week or more to get to me in South Carolina. The exact same order, if I change the shipping address, would get to me in New Mexico in two days. It used to be the other way around. And this is for "in stock" items.

I get the "your item has shipped" two days before arrival, but it doesn't ship for days.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3296 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I have never ordered from Amazon so no issue here. No plans to either.
I am glad you guys feel the need to support such an outfit even though what they sell could be sourced locally most certainly.
Yeah I know it gets delivered to you door. You do not need to look very far to see what else they have delivered you. Keep it up. You are getting exactly what you are paying for.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19161 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
Yes. Bought a garbage disposal from Home Depot when their website said it would be delivered the next day. Silly me took my sink apart and threw the bad unit away. It arrived in Phx the next day and then for 4 or 5 consecutive days the status said "delivery rescheduled" with no reason why. Tried on-trac's phone system and kept pressing one of their number options while it said "invalid entry" and finally disconnected.

Called Home Depot and said to cancel the order. HD said we can't. Asked how do I cancel and they said "you can't." I lost it at that point and said to get a manager on the line. Manager called on-trac and said that the delay is because they're understaffed. I said you were able to speak with them so I suggest you call them back and cancel the delivery because I'll be filing a disputer with my credit card company immediately after this conversation was finished. You don't get to take my money and say that it will be delivered whenever someone gets around to it and that neither you or I can cancel an order. Also told her that if on-trac delivers the package it will sit there until they or HD comes and gets it and if porch pirates steal it then that's your problem.

One more reason to despise Home Depot.

And yes, on-trac delivered the package yesterday. fuckers. Another call to make Monday and more time wasted.

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
I have never ordered from Amazon so no issue here. No plans to either.
I am glad you guys feel the need to support such an outfit even though what they sell could be sourced locally most certainly.
Yeah I know it gets delivered to you door. You do not need to look very far to see what else they have delivered you. Keep it up. You are getting exactly what you are paying for.

Even though I live within 35 miles or so of a large metropolitan area, there are many things I buy from Amazon that can't be found anywhere I'm aware of in my area, so that's why I order from them. Things COULD be sourced locally, but many I want/need aren't.

I don't have delivery problems, though, I get everything within 1 or 2 days, 3 tops.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Flash-LB,

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPS and FedEx are dealing with record volumes and have been since 03/20. E-commerce was not forecasted to hit the levels they have until 2024. Combined with staffing issues it's a perfect storm for massive delays and bottlenecks.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I guess it must be staffing or something since two of my orders are at a week and haven’t even shipped. I wish they would state how long expected order processing is taking so I could decide to look elsewhere for my purchase.

Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
I ordered a BP revolver back in late-April with anticipated shipment in early June. It keeps getting pushed back to where the latest status is December. I placed an order for a belt and holster in early May and just got it Tuesday.

Got a conversion cylinder for the pistol very quickly (early May), but was told that was the last stainless one for probably six months since labor was short and they were made in periodic small batches due to demand. And the only .45 Colt ammunition I was able to find in-stock was some super-costly Buffalo Bore that I can't justify stocking up on at $2.00/round+shipping beyond the measly 60 rounds. Even BP is scarce and too costly in small amounts with all the fees.

So by now, I was hoping to have everything ready and sorted by hunting season. Oh, well.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post