SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mississippi Tornados
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mississippi Tornados Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
Hope no one here was impacted. 23+ dead.

Not much about nature scares me. But tornados scare the hell out of me.

"We can confirm 23 dead, dozens injured, four missing due to last night's tornadoes," it said. "We have numerous local and state search and rescue teams that continue to work this morning. A number of assets are on the ground to assist those that have been impacted."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tor...alities-reported.amp

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Yes, a very bad night. Northwest AL as well and parts of TN.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Our Scouts drove down yesterday morning for a weekend of hiking and camping at the Shiloh Battlefield. They were hit with severe weather, but were well clear of the tornadoes. They were sheltered in the latrines during the worst of it.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15714 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Sent queries to my Arkansas and Missouri cousins about their status, but have not had replies. Not worried yet.

My prayers for all negatively impacted.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
We had some hail here early this morning; no damage.

There was a tornado down in Troup County. Minor injuries last I knew. Although, I understand the local safari had some damage to an animal enclosure and two tigers escaped. They've subsequently been recaptured.

We're supposed to get another round this evening with 2-3" new rainfall.

Reckon so long as power and internet hold out, it's a good netflix day...

Posts: 1826 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post