SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do Smart Phone Screens Get Dimmer With Age?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do Smart Phone Screens Get Dimmer With Age? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
My iPhone 6 screen seems to get getting dimmer as time goes on, I will crank it all the way up and it's about the same level of brightness as my work SE (new this past year) set at 50% (which can be seen from space at 100%)

Do these screens burn out? It's over 3 years old now, but I'm not replacing until at least this summer or fall, otherwise it works perfectly.

Posts: 33832 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Is the front clean? Maybe some buildup causing the auto-dim to mistake it for a dark environment. Also try turning off the auto-dim in the brightness settings?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15601 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
No, it's called 'getting older'. That'll be $50. Pay the receptionist Big Grin

I've been using "Night Shift" more often and have it set for 12 hours, 7-to-7. But sometimes forget when I'm in a lit space, and the screen seems dim.

Apple technical support is, amazingly, free in any store. They can tell you what is up. Sometimes I know more then they do but usually they either confirm what I cannot figure out or have the answer.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
if you google 'iphone 6 screen dark' or dim in place of dark - you'll find a bunch of tips for slapping your brightness settings around.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2271 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
No...check your brightness settings

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3487 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post