SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally - CA Bans Travel Size Plastic Shampoo Bottles in Hotels
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally - CA Bans Travel Size Plastic Shampoo Bottles in Hotels Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onegeek:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
It actually makes more sense to use the bulk bottles. Most hotels in Japan provide soap, shampoo, and conditioner this way....

People in Japan must not pee in the dispensers.

Stop staying at a Howard-Johnson or, Super 8

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm basically bald, so I don't use the shampoo and conditioner bottles. However, I do bring them home and use them on my Labrador. She smells awesome and has a wonderful coat.

I've got over 500 nights of work travel in LA. I've seen a couple of the Marriotts already switching to the large dispenser, including body wash.

I guess no big deal. The state may be pushing for it, but I'd imagine it makes business sense for the hotel operator.

P229

Posts: 3952 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
...I've seen a couple of the Marriotts already switching to the large dispenser, including body wash...I'd imagine it makes business sense for the hotel operator.

I'm OK with the large dispensers. The shampoo bottles had labels with a font of 6, which made them real hard to read for those of us with glasses.

Slight thread drift: At many (all?) Fairfield Inns, the bottles are made by Marietta Packaging in Cortland NY, where I grew up. Bald1 grew up half an hour north of me.

https://www.mariettahospitality.com/

Posts: 16020 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post