SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally - CA Bans Travel Size Plastic Shampoo Bottles in Hotels
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally - CA Bans Travel Size Plastic Shampoo Bottles in Hotels Login/Join 
Banned
posted

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
The WORLD is saved now!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Time to start hoarding them Roll Eyes

So, once these tiny bottles are gone, will TSA up thesize limit on the travel liquids? I ain’t putting shampoo in a sandwich baggie.....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5799 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
https://store.nalgene.com/product-p/9941-0002.htm

Works for me.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4248 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Well, crap, whackyland might as well ban toilet paper, you know, because of we must save the trees!

I'll be in whackyland in about 12 days. Maybe I can figure out how to have fun poking fun at those people.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been traveling with these for awhile now.

The newer ones with a locking bail are a big improvement over the original ones.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Sucks a lot for the business I am currently managing. That’s half our business. :/

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4366 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It actually makes more sense to use the bulk bottles. Most hotels in Japan provide soap, shampoo, and conditioner this way, it is easier.

Although, I would like to suggest that California ban heating and cooling systems in homes due to the need for electricity, ban pools due to the chemicals required, ban cars due to pollutants, and ban people from talking due to excessive release of CO2.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38251 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, no. I’ve heard of what some people have found in those dispensers. Just ...... no.

If I wanted people’s germs and diseases I’d live in a homeless shanty or simply use the coffee pot in a hotel room.

Posts: 559 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
It actually makes more sense to use the bulk bottles. Most hotels in Japan provide soap, shampoo, and conditioner this way....

People in Japan must not pee in the dispensers.

Posts: 559 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I was in California for a family wedding in August. That state appears to go through an unimaginable amount of bottled water. Unimaginable. Banning travel-sized shampoo bottles is like bandaging a skinned knee while a sucking chest wound remains untreated. California.

Posts: 13600 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onegeek:
...or simply use the coffee pot in a hotel room.

This (times infinity +1)

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
With the “all”-gender restrooms and urinals being removed, water consumption will increase dramatically, as will wait times for rest rooms. It’s a brave new world.

Posts: 18383 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
"O wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world
That has such people in't!"

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
Also in this vein is Heinlein's Friday..
All will recognize the overall societies the main characters adventures occur in. She is a courier in a plausible close future
Especially California

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
The WORLD is saved now!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Thank GOD for Kalifonia geeks saving our sorry asses!!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3888 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
California should ban California.

Posts: 2064 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Time to start hoarding them Roll Eyes

So, once these tiny bottles are gone, will TSA up thesize limit on the travel liquids? I ain’t putting shampoo in a sandwich baggie.....

HA HA......I knew I was smart, I have like 5 gallon sized zip lock bags full of them under my bathroom sink.

When the black market prices spike I will rule the world! Big Grin

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I knew that I was burned out on travel when I stopped bringing those little bottles home with me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31452 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onegeek:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
It actually makes more sense to use the bulk bottles. Most hotels in Japan provide soap, shampoo, and conditioner this way....

People in Japan must not pee in the dispensers.

That would be considered horribly rude and unthinkable... So no.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38251 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post