SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SOTU Rebuttal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOTU Rebuttal Login/Join 
posted
I'm in my 70's and I can not recall a rebuttal to a SOTU speech. Commentary by the talking heads may be, but a rebuttal. Worse yet, the pos chosen to deliver the rebuttal has zero credibility. May be that's a good thing.

Awake not woke

Posts: 575 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...of_the_Union_address

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18036 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
Been done for decades now.

Yeah, where have you been all these years, nosticks? The moon?

Q

Posts: 26590 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a smart move for the Dems honestly. Being picked to give the rebuttal used to be seen as a way to enhance your image and move you up the chain but it never ever works. Not surprised they picked a nobody who's not even holding office anywhere to do it.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
Been done for decades now.

Yeah, where have you been all these years, nosticks? The moon?

Probably didn't pay any attention to them. Busy with working but not quite on the moon.

Awake not woke

Posts: 575 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
IMO, you didn't miss much. The rebuttals never say much except they didn't agree with the President. We already know what the Democrats will say this time.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere that the anti-American,anti-police Senator from Missouri will give the rebuttal. Can the Dems possibly be this stupid?

Posts: 5752 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I read somewhere that the anti-American,anti-police Senator from Missouri will give the rebuttal. Can the Dems possibly be this stupid?

You're half right. It's anti-American, Anti-police, flag burning Stacey Abrams, who lost the GA governor's race and whined the GOP prevented blacks from voting.

The Dems may be despicable, but they're not stupid. They're grooming her for a 2020 Senate run.

Posts: 15922 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post