SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The american way everyone gets a piece.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The american way everyone gets a piece. Login/Join 
posted
I am doing the never-ending rehab of my 110 year old house.

I hired a general contractor.

He did great on my first floor.

The third floor is a cluster.
Weeks and months waiting to get things done.

The tile guys showed up after months of waiting.

The general hired a tile company.
The tile company hired a second tile company.
The Second tile company hired some Guatemalans to do the work. Doing a great job by the way.

4 layers and everyone gets their piece.

The top three layers of guys are all saying they can't find enough guys in the trades to get anything done on time.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:

The top three layers of guys are all saying they can't find enough guys in the trades to get anything done on time.

Welcome to 2022.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Dollars to donuts the Guatemalans are here illegally. But at least they’re working.

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Dollars to donuts the Guatemalans are here illegally. But at least they’re working doing quality work.

FIFY. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No idea.

If they are I have no way of knowing. The lead guy has been here for years, speaks excellent English, and learned the trade here.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
...the top three layers of guys are all saying they can't find enough guys in the trades to get anything done on time...

Get and keep that guy's card. He just cut the top three layers of guys.

Next time you need something done, have him find you "Quality Guatemalans™" and flip him a decent fee.

Keep keeping cards from the guys that do good work and speak English.

BTW, you are not creating or perpetuating illegals, when the government has left the barn doors wide open and does nothing to solve the problem they have created.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Florida? Friend of mine is doing over a house down there and has been turned on to a group of multi-trade Cubans who do quality work and get in and out quickly.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post