SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "What a Wonderful World"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"What a Wonderful World" Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted
Heard this today and it stopped the current World and replaced it with a kinder gentler time period. And I vowed at least once a day to hear this siren sing his song about our world being a good place to be.Not what we hear 24-7 from every corner. Just a dose of stop and smell the roses for you and me. Enjoy!!

Posts: 4413 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
That is one of my goto tunes for changing the mood. Thanks for posting.

Have you ever heard Stacey Solomon's X-factor version?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16399 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
That was my wedding song 29 years ago next month.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2579 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Good friend of mine has won many a karoke contest with this song. Done in the Louis Armstrong voice.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8540 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Heard this for the first time watching "Good Morning Vietnam"...TV got really blurry for a bit and then magically cleared up!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
That is one of my goto tunes for changing the mood. Thanks for posting.

Have you ever heard Stacey Solomon's X-factor version?

Just Listened and she is good. But no one can replace Armstrong for me on this song. Probably just a sentimental age thing, but there it is.

Posts: 4413 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fla. Jim:
Heard this today and it stopped the current World and replaced it with a kinder gentler time period. And I vowed at least once a day to hear this siren sing his song about our world...

I have listened to Mr. Armstrong sing this song once every morning for the last 11 years or so.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
That was my wedding song 29 years ago next month.

It was ours too, 28 years ago Sept. 21.

Always takes me back.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36845 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I like the Iz K version....

https://youtu.be/R0xoMhCT-7A

Edit: Over the Rainbow added per Fla. Jim's post.

https://youtu.be/V1bFr2SWP1I

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5968 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
This song has all the feels. Great one!

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
I like the Iz K version....

https://youtu.be/R0xoMhCT-7A

Ahh another great one gone to soon. His version of over the rainbow is amazing.

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Here's my favorite recording:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/CWzrABouyeE

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15491 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post