SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best work boots money can buy?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best work boots money can buy? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Danner Ft. Lewis boots. I had a pair for 30+ years. They went from Bragg and southern Germany in the 80s to working in Siberia in the 90s, then became my cold weather hunting boots for 20 years until my feet flattened out and they were too small. When I gave them away after 30 years the soles were still in great shape. They’re pricey, but worth every penny.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whites boots, hands down the best. Not cheap. Pay extra for the kit that you get to measure your own feet.

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the day Whites were the go to boots. Nothing wrong with Danners either.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in Engineering and Construction with Southern Company and have been wearing Rocky S2Vs for 7 years and love them. I found them at Ranger Joes in Columbus and then bought a steel toe pair off of Amazon. Great boots as your foot sits down inside the sole and not on top of it.

Posts: 585 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Have not worn boots much for the last 20 years or so. When I was in the service I bought and wore Corcoran jump boots. Even through the 5th army NCO school. Took a good shine, were very comfortable. Just checked, those boots are still on the market. If I had to wear boots all day now, that is what I would buy.

Edited to add:
https://www.amazon.com/Corcora...s-Boot/dp/B008M22830

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post