SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    firearms-texas.com
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

firearms-texas.com Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Be safe not sorry.

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Indeed

A very legitimate and high quality LGS near me (bought at least two firearms there and they have good prices on optics and accessories) is called Fuquay Gun (in the town of Fuquay-Varina) but they have shed the relic of their pawn shop past, as they used to be as of three years ago "Fuquay Gun and Gold" and before that "Fuquay Jewelry & Pawn"

To my knowledge, they do no "pawn shop" activities there today.

is
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No gun-bros, no moolah. That's my policy

It’s tough getting a bone-a-fide operator type into a place called Pawn & Jewelry even for a photo shoot.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Pretty sure when you go to the pawn shop and ask about the scam website it won’t be theirs.

Scammer’s trying real hard with the site to scam people into thinking it’s real. The pawnshop already has a website.

Exactly. I found two phone numbers listed on the Firearms-Texas website. Neither matched up w/ Texas Pawn & Jewelry. One had a New Mexico area code. The other was for east & Gulf coast TX. Texas Pawn & Jewelry is in Central TX.

I went ahead and placed an order. Apparently shipping to an FFL is optional, so you can select to ship to your door. I ordered a B&T GHM9 and had it shipped to the White House. This one is on me sleepy Joe.

There's a little pop-up in the lower left to tell you what's getting lots of views and what's recently been ordered. The pop-up told me people in NYC, Canada, England, Germany, and Australia had very recently bought guns through them. Apparently it's a myth that buying guns off the internet to those places is difficult & prohibitive.

Does that tell you all you need to know about this website?

Posts: 3272 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Again, this is why I would prefer to never see these types of inquiries in this forum. If you have to guess whether or not it's real, then call the number listed on the site. You guys should be able to figure this out without using this forum to drive traffic to questionable sites.

Posts: 109166 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Scam site.

Posts: 4099 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post