SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I captured a beast today...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I captured a beast today... Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
Had several remaining traps set for raccoons. The heavy rains washed most of the bait away. Passing by one on the back patio, I see the door was down. Thinking it was another panda, I walked over to find a snow white baby kitten with brilliant blue eyes. Just a tiny little tike. I laughed out loud and asked the sky, what am I gonna do with this? Big Grin. I can't tell if it's a he or a she. The only feral female around has not been carrying baby's so, I think somebody dropped the little kitten off. A neighbor lady is taking the baby tomorrow afternoon to a place which will care for it for two weeks. It will get its shots then, go to another place where folks gather to have coffee and enjoy the cats. They adopt them out to new owners. After 33 raccoons and 9 possums, it's my pleasure to catch a beautiful baby kitty. The orange tiger I care for is keeping his distance... Big Grin

Posts: 17929 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pics required!

Back of the first page of the Waiver.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9199 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I walked over to find a snow white baby kitten with brilliant blue eyes. Just a tiny little tike.

They have blue eyes till about 7 weeks but the younger the better for socializing. I caught one that was 7 weeks and pretty spicy but he was placed w/ siblings caught weeks earlier who were much better socially and he's doing well w/ them.
quote:
I can't tell if it's a he or a she.

Looking at the exhaust end, boys will be two dots ":" while girls will be a dot and a dash ";" . Wink

Posts: 7398 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forty percent (ballpark) of white cats born with blue eyes are deaf.
Just an FYI!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16170 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Just an FYI!

All kittens are born w/ blue eyes. I guess this doesn't make your statement incorrect though.

Posts: 7398 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Posting pics for David.

Q

Posts: 26640 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Nice. And thank you 12131. That's my tiger buddy. He and his brother were left behind . Both are very friendly cats. His brother got adopted across the street. I will send you a new pic of the kitten. It's not feral so someone dropped it off.

Posts: 17929 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, my live traps wouldn’t trip for a kitten I don’t think. What type are you using if you don’t mind sharing the info.
Mike

Posts: 388 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: March 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Most are Havahearts. I am sure some are another brand as he has dozens of them. Very small to one for a 50 pound plus critter.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Just an FYI!
Always learning something new here. I got some wet kitty food so as soon as I get back, I will see if it will eat. It's a very young kitten.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Another one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26640 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Whoa, good thing it didn't strike out at ya! Smile

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8422 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I thank you Q for posting up my photos. The Lil tike is sleeping on a sweat shirt.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Whoa, good thing it didn't strike out at ya! Smile
I been telling people I caught a Big foot.. Big Grin

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
And the little kit is enroute to his new home. It was a boy. Thanks all.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
What do you do with the raccoons that you catch David?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9078 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
What do you do with the raccoons that you catch David?
Good morning. They go to a property over in Union, KY. I released one of the possums just down the street and it came right back.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The kitten got his beginning shots and was chipped. His new name is Crepe, like a French pastry. They said he is just 6 weeks old.

posted Hide Post
thats mountain lion David

Posts: 1572 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
That is a pretty kitty!

Posts: 3517 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post