SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Been having it out with God here recently. Now I think he is telling me to do something.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Been having it out with God here recently. Now I think he is telling me to do something. Login/Join 
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
God doesn't mind when you're pissed at him whether he deserves it or not. He can take it. Hot or cold, it's a relationship. Good you're still listening. Blessings

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I am a man of faith, which also means I know just how much of a sinner I am. Have I ever been pissed at God? You bet, many times but I always come to understand that God is not the problem. I try to remember two simple facts; 1. God loves me, and 2. There is nothing I can about it. I will pray for you and your son.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1686 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
He is trying to tell you something and I’m glad your listening. Everyone gets made at him for different reasons. Tell him why your mad. Jesus says- “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Once you put sweet rims on a minivan, well... it changes you.

Smile

Big Grin

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Whatever your problems, I hope you find the solution and some peace.

Life's too short to go through angry for extended periods of time.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Lot of prayer and a handful of faith goes a long, long way. I and others here hear you, and you're never alone..most have taken those small leaps of faith.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
"In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths" Proverbs 3:6

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

I don’t think God does thing to us... I guess sometimes when we don’t know where to direct our frustration and we send it the wrong way.

Hope things start looking up for you and yours. Been through a few difficult times myself. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Posts: 9157 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous." -Albert Einstein

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Ok, I’ll bite.

What, or who, or where, is ”Pippa Passes?”

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the birth of a great testimony.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Ok, I’ll bite.

What, or who, or where, is ”Pippa Passes?”

Remote little mountain town in Eastern Kentucky. Population 533.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25427 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
I have come to a point in my life where I believe, God is worthy of praise, regardless of my circumstances. Good or Bad, It never changes his position.

It gives me peace, and relieves a lot of the struggle I have experienced.

When I consider all that I have done, or could do, I realize that it is Christ alone, who has paid my debt. My very best, is but garbage. Very humbling, and comforting to know where my faith resides.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
After Job had lost his material possessions, then his entire family except his wife, then his health, his "friends" suggested he "Curse God and die." Job's response was, "Though He slay me, yet shall I serve Him."

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10706 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like it is a constant struggle for our souls between good and evil. It helps to have the grace of God to defeat the evil in us. Hard without it.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Black92LX, may I recommend that you watch Tim Tebow's four-video session called "Shaken?" It is an amazing view of how we can make it when we are shaken by life. Each video is only 10 minutes long. There is a book that accompanies the videos, or vice versa. Mr. Tebow is an amazing speaker and offers simple and deep wisdom.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
Black, you join a long list of biblical characters who have questioned/argued with God about his commands. God Bless you on your journey. You’ll be in our prayers.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I think that God has dope-slapped me a time or three. When I woke up and listened, He always steered me right.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It may be as simple as the current occupants of the house would like to express their thanks for your work there. Or maybe God just wants you to again lay eyes on good work that you have done. It will be revealed to you when you go there why you have been called.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Maybe you just needed a reminder about how life is always changing. The past year may not have been the best but things will not always be that way. All you can do is your best and wait for it to get better.

Posts: 17891 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post