SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do we have a wood craftsman?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do we have a wood craftsman? Login/Join 
posted
Friends,

My wife and I have had a tough year. I am looking to have a really special gift Made for her and I can’t seem to find it.

I want to have a replica of the Queen of England’s red correspondence box made for her. Specifically in the style seen in the “crown”.

I want something substantial that will last. She truly enjoys writing letters and the monarchy (yes yes, we fought a war etc…)

If a forum member can do this or can suggest someone, would appreciate it as always.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2507 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'll suggest contacting member reloader-1 -- he does some beautiful work. I hope he'll chime in on this thread.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
I just happened to see this! There’s a couple individuals I can recommend, but the one complication is that the red correspondence box isn’t stained, but actually wrapped in a very thin red leather.

How umm… accurate are you looking for the reproduction to be, given this? It would be cheaper to do wood that is painted and sealed, but a real reproduction should have leather.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
I just happened to see this! There’s a couple individuals I can recommend, but the one complication is that the red correspondence box isn’t stained, but actually wrapped in a very thin red leather.

How umm… accurate are you looking for the reproduction to be, given this? It would be cheaper to do wood that is painted and sealed, but a real reproduction should have leather.

Thank everyone for the responses already.

Reloader, not looking to go the less expensive route here, heirloom piece.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2507 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
That’s what I wanted to hear! Let me check in with a couple individuals I know, and I’ll get back to you.

You can buy the official one from the UK for about $4100, by the way:

https://foster.co.uk/product/m...terial-dispatch-box/

https://studioburkedc.com/prod...gland-sterling-burke

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
That’s what I wanted to hear! Let me check in with a couple individuals I know, and I’ll get back to you.

You can buy the official one from the UK for about $4100, by the way:

https://foster.co.uk/product/m...terial-dispatch-box/

https://studioburkedc.com/prod...gland-sterling-burke

My Google fu has failed me.

While tempting. I am curious as to what someone in the US could accomplish. I appreciate a recommendation.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Reporting back, it looks to be a no go with the individuals I had in mind.

I’m like you, I think, in that when I want something made, it’s best if it is perfect. Keep us updated on this!

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
A very interesting request! Good luck with your search.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38676 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post