SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    9/11 - 110 floor climb
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9/11 - 110 floor climb Login/Join 
posted
I like to do 110 floors on the stair machine at my gym to honor the 9/11 firefighters. I had to do it this morning because I won't be able to make it to the gym tomorrow.

I can't imagine what was going through their minds as they climbed. And I also can't imagine doing it with full turnout gear.

God bless them, we will never forget them.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Amen brother.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9368 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking what I should do tomorrow for honoring the fallen on our 9/11. I’ve never really done a physical in remembrance of that before. I have a Jacobs ladder, I was thinking of cutting some steel plates for a weight vest... I’m sure someone here knows how much a firefighter’s turn out gear weighs..

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1202 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
I know I'll never forget My Bothers and Sisters that died that day, Cops and Firemen. Our family was diminished so needlessly by religious zealot thugs. May they ever roast so very slowly as did some of ours. But I'm also very sure God/Karma will sort them all out and the appropriate teaching instructions will come into play.

Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Instead, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Posts: 4413 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The tallest condos we have are only 20 stories and that is no joke to haul up ,packs,tools and hoses. I can't even fathom 50 or more. Not sure how much you would have left,energy wise, after that. It was a sad day indeed in the brotherhood at many levels.

My crew actually got to talk to some of the flight instructors and they said the terrorists really had no desire to learn how to land. The instructors never thought anything like this was possible, let alone anyone else.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only going up 110 flights but fighting through the crowd coming down at the same time.

God bless them all.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by policetruck:
I was just thinking what I should do tomorrow for honoring the fallen on our 9/11. I’ve never really done a physical in remembrance of that before. I have a Jacobs ladder, I was thinking of cutting some steel plates for a weight vest... I’m sure someone here knows how much a firefighter’s turn out gear weighs..

I can tell you my old turnout coat,Pants, gloves leather boots and leather helmet weighs 30 to 35 pounds. That does not include an air pack,hand tools, 50'of inch and a half hose with a nozzle,spare air tank and flashlight for a total of around 100 to 120 pounds.
I would say the total weight carried would be around 130 to 150 pounds and I think that is conservative. It may be more.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post