SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I got a neat Fender Strat
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got a neat Fender Strat Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I scooped up a super clean 1986 made in Japan Squier E series Stratocaster. This one is rather unique in that it has a short scale (24 3/4) and HSS set up with coil splitting and individual on/off switches for each pickup.

I’d heard the E series MIJ strats were pretty good and this one didn’t disappoint. It sounds really good! I like the odd little switches and way it looks without a pick guard. For the rather inexpensive cost it is a surprisingly good sounding guitar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21161 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Looks like your cat approves Cool

Posts: 1785 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That is Sylvester, he is a pretty cool cat. We rescued him back in the fall. He likes the guitars until they are plugged in.

I am LOVING the neck pickup on this Strat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21161 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
+1

Ahhh,nothing like a NGD.
New guitar day.

... enjoy!

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Hey that's pretty nice, how does she play?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38040 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It plays great! Thin neck & short scale so I’m loving the feel of the guitar. The neck & center pickups sound incredible clean. The humbucker sounds pretty good. I’m still messing around with the different pick up combos but so far I am quite impressed.

The fit and finish and overall qualify is better than my MIM Duo Sonic I bought new last gear. It’s a damn cool guitar. I understand why people like the 84-87 Squier E series from Japan. It’s a fun guitar!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Nice! I think I would swap for black knobs, maybe silver. I like the clean, no pickguard look.

Posts: 17928 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(K,Na)(Fe+++,Al,Mg)2
(Si,Al)4 O10(OH)2
Picture of Munch
posted Hide Post
A strat with a Les Paul scale...cool guitar.

Posts: 859 | Location: north central Ohio | Registered: December 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Stick, fantastic Fender, one of my favorites when I was still playing. Out of all my guitars in the past my Japanese strat was one of the best playing and great sounding guitars I had. I'll always miss that one. Have fun with yours...

Love the Sylvester in your photo!

Here's a snap that I managed to save of my 57' Jap Reissue

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
My first Strat was a MIJ Contemporary with the floating/locking vibrato. One Humbucker, one volume knob.

I dig the MIJ stuff from that era.

Posts: 45420 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Holy shit!!! Than cat is big. Big Grin

Nice guitar too!

Posts: 6658 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
A Strat with a cat and that's that.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Cool guitars. I really need to get the switch on my MIJ Mustang Special replaced, I miss playing it.

Yeah, this kitteh seems to have some kind of eating disorder. If I leave more food than he needs he won’t leave it for later like my other cat. Nope, he eats till he gets sick and then makes a mess. I’ve really had to cut back on how much I feed him. He is getting huge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Picked up an Epi Les Paul Pro myself used last week. Need to drop it off to get set up which I will do next week.

I usually get a jonesing for electric guitar every few years. Hopefully this time it sticks around and I keep playing.

Posts: 13167 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
And today I woke up thinking I need one of these no pickguard strats .....

Posts: 17928 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oz_shadow, Do it! I just picked up another one in excellent condition. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Now they're gonna breed!

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
nice score

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53337 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
For what I paid these are VERY impressive guitars. No, they are not quite on par with my American made Tele but they are damn good.

I’m digging the 24 3/4 scale. It sounds a bit different from my standard Stratocaster and it feels more like my Jaguar and Cyclone.

I wonder if Fender/Squier Japan ever made a HSS Tele without a pick guard?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What do you guys think of Fender’s new oddball guitar the Meteora? I kinda like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~